Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Upgrading to 37"s

Old 02-03-2017, 06:02 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sltimmins
Yeah, that's what I was thinking and why I am planning on just buying new crate axles, already geared and loaded up with the goodies I want.
Whenever you want, give us a call at 714-421-4314, or email at Sales@dynatrac.com

We can work up a quote for you so you'll know exactly what you're looking at cost wise, and help you figure out everything else you'll need for upgrading your Jeep to better axles.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Congrats on really getting into Jeep mods and expanding your off-roading!

There have been some really good suggestions so far, and obviously ones that involve Dynatrac are the best! ;-)

With going to 37s, upgrading your brakes will be pretty important, because the increase in both wheel/tire diameter and weight puts even more load on your brakes to get the Jeep stopped because of the extra inertia and mass. For both regular driving, and on the trail when you need to keep the Jeep in place on a steep incline or decline, going with an upgrade like our ProGrip brake system will give you all the stopping/holding power you need. Best part is, you don't have to crack open the brake system's hydraulics, so no bleeding required. You can learn more about the ProGrip, including some install and comparison stories, along with a great before/after video at https://www.dynatrac.com/brake-systems.html
I'll pile on to the Dynatrac point about breaks. I'm running their ProGrip system and it's like night and day versus the OEM gear. Easy to install and has worked great for me.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
I'll pile on to the Dynatrac point about breaks. I'm running their ProGrip system and it's like night and day versus the OEM gear. Easy to install and has worked great for me.
Yeah, I was looking at the link they gave me and reading some reviews and opinions on this site and a couple others and I think this is the route I'm going to go when I get to that point in my mods which is gonna be a couple months/a year or so.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
With going to 37s, upgrading your brakes will be pretty important, because the increase in both wheel/tire diameter and weight puts even more load on your brakes to get the Jeep stopped because of the extra inertia and mass. For both regular driving, and on the trail when you need to keep the Jeep in place on a steep incline or decline, going with an upgrade like our ProGrip brake system will give you all the stopping/holding power you need. Best part is, you don't have to crack open the brake system's hydraulics, so no bleeding required. You can learn more about the ProGrip, including some install and comparison stories, along with a great before/after video at https://www.dynatrac.com/brake-systems.html
Will these rotors fit 17x9 XD128 Machete rims?
Old 02-06-2017, 07:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

I believe you should be fine with any 17" wheel. 16" wheels are the problem.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:39 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sltimmins
Will these rotors fit 17x9 XD128 Machete rims?
Yes, you'll be just fine!
Old 02-07-2017, 04:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

West Texas Off-Road "Red Neck Ram Assist". $400-ish dollar cost, works like a champ and makes wheeling on 37" tires easier than it was on stock tires with no ram assist.

PSC ram assist is just goofy over priced and is spending a lot of advertising time and money to sell you an expensive system that doesn't need to be. Sure, anyone that dropped $1200+ on it will say how it's the very bestest in whole wide world... and then a guy with a $400 Red Neck Ram comes up the trail and has the very same experience.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larry0071
West Texas Off-Road "Red Neck Ram Assist". $400-ish dollar cost, works like a champ and makes wheeling on 37" tires easier than it was on stock tires with no ram assist. PSC ram assist is just goofy over priced and is spending a lot of advertising time and money to sell you an expensive system that doesn't need to be. Sure, anyone that dropped $1200+ on it will say how it's the very bestest in whole wide world... and then a guy with a $400 Red Neck Ram comes up the trail and has the very same experience.
Yep. My setup has been working awesome for years. And now you got guys drooling over a $850 HD steering box with no ram. I don't care how big a box is nothing can replace the power of a ram
Old 02-07-2017, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
Yep. My setup has been working awesome for years. And now you got guys drooling over a $850 HD steering box with no ram. I don't care how big a box is nothing can replace the power of a ram
My concern comparing the 2 is how they will compare at highway speeds. I think on the trail with 37's either one may work but for the DD/weekend wheeler like me which will give the best everyday driving experience. I know a ram changes the steering feel but not having driven one I don't know what that means at 80 on the interstate. Seems like with the box you would keep the same steering feel at high speed, but then again I don't know that for sure either...
Old 02-07-2017, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Biginboca
My concern comparing the 2 is how they will compare at highway speeds. I think on the trail with 37's either one may work but for the DD/weekend wheeler like me which will give the best everyday driving experience. I know a ram changes the steering feel but not having driven one I don't know what that means at 80 on the interstate. Seems like with the box you would keep the same steering feel at high speed, but then again I don't know that for sure either...
I run WTO ram on my jeep. I'd challenge you to know there was a ram installed while driving in town or on the highway at 80 for that matter. Actually, that's wrong... you WILL notice a difference.. the difference is that at 80mph the jeep will be ROCK SOLID with NO influence from a side wind... oh and those bumps that throw your steering off... doesn't happen... ever...

Seriously, one of the better upgrades I've added to my jeep.

Quick Reply: Help Upgrading to 37"s