Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hemi swap motor mount question

Old 09-08-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi swap motor mount question

Thinking of doing a Hemi swap in my future. I'm not totally ignorant to a motor swap, as I used to have a 68 Camaro and swapped the motor myself... I also have a third vehicle I can drive while the Jeep is laid up. My problem is that I have ZERO experience welding. Are there welders for hire that will come to my house to do the job, or am I resigned to paying someone full cost of install?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Junkie

Yes, there are people you can make friends with that are damn good welders. I usually pay my welder in beer. But then again he is my neighbor.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Having the jeep towed away to be welded up then towed home is also an option if your welder feels more comfortable in his environment with all of his own equipment.
didn't even think about that... great idea, thanks!

Quick Reply: Hemi swap motor mount question