Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi-Lift bumper lift attachment.....

Old 04-19-2014, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi-Lift bumper lift attachment.....

I purchased one of these yesterday. I have looked for a bumper attachment with a nylon or equivalent strap that would not bite into my bumper but have failed in my search. The one from HiLift has a 3 link chain on it. And I know guys, it's a Jeep with a build to go through a lot of abuse and I prolly should not bitch about it, but I would like to know if anyone has found something other than the HiLift attachment with the chain on it? The chain will dent up my bumper and I really don't wanna have that cause it will look like crap and start to rust. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 04-19-2014, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Might be possible to buy the high lift attachment for a wheel(straps instead of links) then remove it's brackets that grip the wheel, and make an eyelet through both straps to attach your bumper attachment bracket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by suprablaski
Might be possible to buy the high lift attachment for a wheel(straps instead of links) then remove it's brackets that grip the wheel, and make an eyelet through both straps to attach your bumper attachment bracket Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually thought of that but looking at the picture of the wheel lift attachment doesn't give me an idea of how to do it. Good there's 2 straps sewn together. Might have to just buy it and see what I can do with it.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure how well I can explain my approach but looks like they sew a loop into each strap, I would retain one and cut the stitching on the other to lay it out flat, then layer then and sew the loop back in the same place but over the other straps loop to double them up properly. Then slide your bolt through the loops

After a little reflecting an eyelet just wouldn't cut it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2014, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

I can see that. I'd have to get a professional stitch done, but shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the input bro!

Quick Reply: Hi-Lift bumper lift attachment.....