Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hidden Jeep kill switch anyone?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did this to my 95 wrangler and it was really easy. The hardest part is finding the wires coming out of your fuse box under the hood that delivers power to your starter. Sharp multimeter leads makes the world of difference in testing the wires. Once you find the right wire cut it splice in two more wires that run into your jeep somewhere(your choice where you want them) and then put a switch between the end of those wires. I drilled a hole out of my old ash tray and stuck it in there. Good luck I hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

All JK have the chipped key as far as I know. My 07 X does.

All the grey keys, all the keys with the remote built in do. The only Chrysler key that does not is the thin black hard plastic ones. Those were only valet keys. Or for base model neons back in the day....

I don't really see the point to this in a newer vehicle...besides if they want it that bad they can have it. That's what insurance is for.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's a HOW-TO article on how I added a hidden kill switch to my JK. It's a must for my two year trip around Africa.

DIY Jeep Wrangler JK Kill Switch | The road chose me

-Dan
Old 09-27-2020, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JVDBogart
My 2009 JK doesn't have a chipped key, just a an old school chipless one.
that's odd my 09 does. I do have the Sahara with tow pkg though

Quick Reply: Hidden Jeep kill switch anyone?