Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High rock high access front bumper first impressions

Old 09-14-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High rock high access front bumper first impressions

I've been shopping for a winch bumper since the day I brought my rubi home. I determined a full length bumper was necessary because of all the big ass trees we have up in the NW. I picked the high rock because the design looked clean, and the price was right.
So, what do I think? Pulling the stock bumper was harder than installing the new one. I haven't mounted the winch yet so that's pending. Install was a piece of cake, except......mounting the stock fog lights. I'm not impressed with the design, they use pretty thin plastic cups to mount the lights to the bumper. The little bolts had little nuts that only santas elves would have been able to thread on. Doesn't seem sturdy and I will be surprised if they stay in place for the next year. Beyond that, it's a great design, sits low, angles match the body lines, the approach roller is slick and it's not too heavy.
Overall, I like it and think it's a great value...yeah yeah post pics, I'm on my iPad so, I'll try to post in the next day or so.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any pics?

Originally Posted by Nwapache
I've been shopping for a winch bumper since the day I brought my rubi home. I determined a full length bumper was necessary because of all the big ass trees we have up in the NW. I picked the high rock because the design looked clean, and the price was right.
So, what do I think? Pulling the stock bumper was harder than installing the new one. I haven't mounted the winch yet so that's pending. Install was a piece of cake, except......mounting the stock fog lights. I'm not impressed with the design, they use pretty thin plastic cups to mount the lights to the bumper. The little bolts had little nuts that only santas elves would have been able to thread on. Doesn't seem sturdy and I will be surprised if they stay in place for the next year. Beyond that, it's a great design, sits low, angles match the body lines, the approach roller is slick and it's not too heavy.
Overall, I like it and think it's a great value...yeah yeah post pics, I'm on my iPad so, I'll try to post in the next day or so.
Any pics of the bumper? Thinking about getting it. Just want to see a front view of it. Bestop site does not have good pics.

Quick Reply: High rock high access front bumper first impressions