Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highrock Element doors and bolting them on?

Old 05-17-2010, 09:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highrock Element doors and bolting them on?

Just curious if these doors use the factory bolts to hold them in place? If I get them, I don't want to lock them all the time. It's too much of a pain to lock 4 doors when I park in a closed garage. I doubt anyone will try and steal them in a public area if they have to undo 8 bolts first.

If they aren't threaded, do you think it would be hard to thread them or would they not be long enough?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

i Have them and there just bars that go threw the holes they are not threaded and they are not long enough to go threw the factory holes. There is really no way to lock these things. they do have a lock but a person can easily just rip the top window section out and with a little elbow grease destroy the handle part there not the strongest but there not made to protect anything either. The only solution to any of this that ive found for a tad bit of security is if you have an after market alarm throw some ground loops on them so if they are removed at least hopefully you can get to the jeep before there both gone.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mattymat04
i Have them and there just bars that go threw the holes they are not threaded and they are not long enough to go threw the factory holes. There is really no way to lock these things. they do have a lock but a person can easily just rip the top window section out and with a little elbow grease destroy the handle part there not the strongest but there not made to protect anything either. The only solution to any of this that ive found for a tad bit of security is if you have an after market alarm throw some ground loops on them so if they are removed at least hopefully you can get to the jeep before there both gone.
Dang, that's too bad. I don't even plan on ever having the uppers. How far into the factory hinges do they go?

Quick Reply: Highrock Element doors and bolting them on?