Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I be able to have fog lights on, on both high and low beam

Old 02-10-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That bright box is awesome, I am going to call and check on the set up for a JK.. Thanks for the website.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent them an E-mail for the Jk model Brite Box and this was thier reply below..Par for the course.

Unfortunately we do not have this product for your vehicle, we are sorry for any inconvenience.

Thoroughbred Diesel
866-737-4966
Mon.-Fri. 8:00-7:30 EST
Saturday 9:00-2:00 EST
Thoroughbred Diesel Performance - Dodge Cummins, Ford Powerstroke, Duramax Diesel Parts
Old 02-12-2013, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasReaper
Sent them an E-mail for the Jk model Brite Box and this was thier reply below..Par for the course.

Unfortunately we do not have this product for your vehicle, we are sorry for any inconvenience.

Thoroughbred Diesel
866-737-4966
Mon.-Fri. 8:00-7:30 EST
Saturday 9:00-2:00 EST
Thoroughbred Diesel Performance - Dodge Cummins, Ford Powerstroke, Duramax Diesel Parts
Try brute box directly I know I have seen them for 06 and older jeeps. Maybe they have a release date.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The 07 and newer Jeeps lighting is controlled by the computer. To get these to work without altering circuits, you need a very good hacker / programmer.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the problems with doing this is the bulb and connector type on later JKs. The H13 connector can bairly handle the current of one light... The ground pin is common while the two elements have their own pins. 3 total. When both high and low beams are on, the current on the ground pin is doubled. Prolonged use (more than a flash) could cause the pin to overheat and melt. If this is something you really want to do you should look into an H4 conversion. It uses far larger pins. (Don't just get the connector adapter. It will still have the weak link. You will need to completely replace the connector.)
Old 02-12-2013, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jnabird333
One of the problems with doing this is the bulb and connector type on later JKs. The H13 connector can bairly handle the current of one light... The ground pin is common while the two elements have their own pins. 3 total. When both high and low beams are on, the current on the ground pin is doubled. Prolonged use (more than a flash) could cause the pin to overheat and melt. If this is something you really want to do you should look into an H4 conversion. It uses far larger pins. (Don't just get the connector adapter. It will still have the weak link. You will need to completely replace the connector.)
HU? the headlights and the fog lights are on completely different circuits.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Ford

HU? the headlights and the fog lights are on completely different circuits.
Your right... The original post was not only for the fogs but both high and low beams too. Unless I misunderstood. Which is possible. I only addressed the headlight issue.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jnabird333

Your right... The original post was not only for the fogs but both high and low beams too. Unless I misunderstood. Which is possible. I only addressed the headlight issue.
I just reread the post.... Sorry I'm a dumb-ass that should read more
Old 02-12-2013, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like mine to stay on with high beams as well but im just gonna wait till some one releases or hacks a program that i can download and mod settings on my ECU with.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend who works for Chrysler did this to my 2010. He went in to the computer via his laptop to change the setting.

Quick Reply: How can I be able to have fog lights on, on both high and low beam