Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I be able to have fog lights on, on both high and low beam

Old 02-28-2013, 03:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TikiBob
A friend who works for Chrysler did this to my 2010. He went in to the computer via his laptop to change the setting.
Do Tell More.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked with my friend last night. You have to find someone with engineering software from Chrysler.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes the software is available to make this happen. But, it changes your vehicle to an European code. Which wouldn't be a problem if you don't mind your temperature read out in celsius. And your odometer reading in kilimeters. But there isn't a code written for an american version of this software.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
Yes the software is available to make this happen. But, it changes your vehicle to an European code. Which wouldn't be a problem if you don't mind your temperature read out in celsius. And your odometer reading in kilimeters. But there isn't a code written for an american version of this software.
Mine is still shows MPH and Fahrenheit. I didn't realize this wasn't a common thing done to JK's. Wish I had more info on what was done to make this happen, but I don't. The only thing I can say is if you know a engineer that works for Chrysler see if they can do the same for you.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

The Brite Box will do this

edit: I just saw the makers fb page (aspire auto accessories) and they have one coming out for the 2016!! So i'm guessing they have updated their applications

Last edited by redmont94; 05-28-2019 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

humm wonder if the Jscan can do this
Old 05-28-2019, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

My superchips programmer has the ability to change the setting to allow fogs with high beams. Not sure if they still don't not, might want to check that out.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DEJK2012
humm wonder if the Jscan can do this
It can. Mine are set to stay on with high beams and fogs to be on as day time running lights. For them to be on with high and low beams I still have to activate the switch, but daytime running lights come on when I am out of park.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 467 Likes on 419 Posts

Definitely a lot of work to break into these new vehicle harnesses and jury rig something up. Fog lights are about as useful as tits on a bull for offroading. Why not mount a LED lightbar either on the roof or front bumper area and switch it separately? You can also use relays (1or2) that pick up off the high or low beam wires at the headlight bulbs harness and switch the power to the new LED light through the two relays. The high/low beam factory signal goes to either relay coil, ground the other side of the coil, then new 12V power circuit to the power contacts on both relays IE the power switching contacts are paralleled. Then parallel the power contacts on the load side of the power contact so either relay energises the LED. When you turn the headlights off the LED goes off. And of course you can pick up either the high or low beam system and have one relay to run the LED from highbeam or lowbeam. Don't forget to place a fuse near where the relay power wiring comes from (IE near battery) to protect the wiring if it gets damaged.
Hopefully not too confusing. But to this metric Canadian I would simply do the software change to Europe and go metric. Then replace the fogs with LEDs.

Last edited by Sixty4x4; 06-01-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default high beams and low beams at the same time

High beams and low beams can be on at the same time. This is all programmable on late-model wrangler. I have a 2018. Get Appcar DIAGFCA software (about $50). Buy the correct OBD2 interface and connect to the USB port of your laptop.. All of the configurations for lights, back-up camera, trailer harness, etc. are all configurable with your laptop. It’s all very simple. I recommend storing the original configuration for your vehicle before making any changes, however. This way, you can go back to where you started if you want to do so. Old-school relays are not required.

Quick Reply: How can I be able to have fog lights on, on both high and low beam