Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many options for unlimited rock rails are offered by MOPAR?

Old 11-15-2017, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by JEP THNG
this was a pia to find, but once i got a vin # to my dealer that had these steps/rails on it, he was able to find pricing....unbelievable.....$1395 PER SIDE!!! No thanks.
I posted prices earlier with part numbers. You can shop online now for best prices.

The Mopar steps, rails, sliders purchased new always seem over priced. It's the same story if you look at the Rubi rock sliders, or Hard Rock Enhanced Rock rails.

However, since they are available as an OEM option, there are always going to be people that prefer some aftermarket option instead where you can often find relatively new take offs at a good price.

As an example, the Mopar Rubi Rock slider rails cost something like $800 a piece when purchasing them new ($1600 set). I was originally going to replace my Stock Sahara steps with a set and no way was I going to pay those prices. I got excited when I found a take off set on Craig's list for $100 and snatched them up. However, I now see take off Rubi rock sliders on Craig's list all the time for $100-$200.

The enhanced Rock rails are $1300 ea. I see them going on Craigs list for $200-$400 a set quite often.

So if you like them, but don't like the price to buy a new set, then just wait until the new rails have been in production longer and you'll likely start seeing them on Craig's list in your area for similar prices of below $500 for a set.

I'll be out there with you. I'll be shopping for a set of Recon rail or LOD Destroyer rock rail take-offs. I expect the Recon rails to become more available since there will be more of them out there, with more people wanting to switch them out. If LOD offers a sale, I can convince myself to go that route as well. I don't like the $840 price for a set of the LODs, so I'm there with you on a $2K-$3K for a set of the Mopars.

Last edited by Rednroll; 11-15-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

The one thing about spending jack on something aftermarket....PSC, EVO, LOD, take your pick....at least that stuff isn't gonna flex up and eff up your rockers. The way these Mopar items mount to the body is terrible.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbolander
I had the Mopar Rubicon enhanced rock rails on my 2006 LJUR for 6 years, and have had them on my 2012 JKUR for 6 years. I like them and the finish has held up fine. I've hit a rock a couple of times and scuffed the underside a little but they held up.

The step function is narrow, but useable.
I wish I could find those steps for a 2 door...all the rest stick out from the body to much for me....
Old 03-07-2021, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just removed a set off my 2-door with only 11k driven... More than likely going to sell but need to mount up the new ones to be sure.

Quick Reply: How many options for unlimited rock rails are offered by MOPAR?