Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much will dealer charge to install AEV Bumper?

Old 04-05-2007, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much will dealer charge to install AEV Bumper?

anyone have any thoughts on what a dealer may charge if i bring them my jeep and a new front AEV bumper to install, no winch or winch plate etc...

thoughts?

Unless you live in Ma and want to do this for me, I will pay of course $$$
Old 04-05-2007, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default How much will dealer charge to install AEV Bumper?

anyone have any thoughts on what a dealer may charge if i bring them my jeep and a new front AEV bumper to install, no winch or winch plate etc...

thoughts?

Unless you live in Ma and want to do this for me, I will pay of course $$$

if you have one and installed it, and any pics I would love the advice, thoughts and fee free to post a pic or two!
Old 04-05-2007, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Should be 50-70 dollars an hour
Old 04-05-2007, 02:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it yourself, that's half the fun! It can't be that tuff. You can probably find a fellow Jeeper in your area to help you.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the dealer has to do some cutting, they will dick it up. Have someone help you or go to a custom shop of some sort. Heck find a mechanic with a slow day.

Your best bet is a Jeeper and you will also get a new friend out of it.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default hey thanks

If you were closer I would do it in a minute thanks for the offer......

anyone local want to take this on! I pay cash!

I really would love someone thats familar with this type of work, I fear the dealer may mess it up! Unless I can find a dealer that has some really good jeep guys that I can get the dealer to assign to this project?

around here dealer gets 80hr range, YIKES!

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
drive down here (PA) and ill help you do it for free
Old 04-06-2007, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

where in mass are you? I haven't done a bumper on a jeep jet but I have done a few cars. I would be willing to help, I am sure with two brains we could figure it out.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:21 AM
JK Super Freak

I would find a shop that does Sun roofs , racks, ....they will do a better and cleaner job. You should at least try it your self. You will get the bumper off with no trouble, see what needs to be cut and mark it. You could then drive to a body shop or something like it and have them cut it for you. Then take it home and install it. You will have the self gratification as well as a few extra bucks in your pocket. You will do a better job........it's your Jeep. Trust me.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubidon
I would find a shop that does Sun roofs , racks, ....they will do a better and cleaner job. You should at least try it your self. You will get the bumper off with no trouble, see what needs to be cut and mark it. You could then drive to a body shop or something like it and have them cut it for you. Then take it home and install it. You will have the self gratification as well as a few extra bucks in your pocket. You will do a better job........it's your Jeep. Trust me.
thats what I don't understand is why should you have to cut a new 1200.00 dollar bumper to install it? our are you cutting on the jeep? why would they not design it to fit if its the bumper you cut?:confused:
Old 04-06-2007, 08:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Locke
thats what I don't understand is why should you have to cut a new 1200.00 dollar bumper to install it? our are you cutting on the jeep? why would they not design it to fit if its the bumper you cut?:confused:
Good question. I got the Lod bumper, and was not to happy that I needed to grind and paint the bumper because there was not enough clearence for the body. But this was minimal and I love the bumper. But you are right........what needs cutting?

Quick Reply: How much will dealer charge to install AEV Bumper?