Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hubcentric or lugcentric wheelspacers?

Old 04-15-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by lowendrider
Hey XT...that pic in the link doesn't look like a hubcentric spacer...is that just the wrong image??
that is the image of a TJ spacer not a JK spacer ie 5X4.5
Old 04-16-2014, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
neither, go with Spidertrax and never have to worry.
Thx Jadmt! Will check those!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:42 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jbaubry
Interesting Ryan! I went to XT web site and saw the RedRock and RC at 59.99$/pair. You would suggest the RC over the RedRock? And where are these made?
RedRock 4x4 sources there products and materials from all over the world. I'm getting in contact with them to see what grade of aluminum they're using so we can compare it to the other spacers on the market.

Originally Posted by lowendrider
Hey XT...that pic in the link doesn't look like a hubcentric spacer...is that just the wrong image??
Thank you for bringing that up. I cross checked the part number with RC and it is indeed the wrong picture. I'm going to get that switched out ASAP.

-Ryan
Old 04-16-2014, 05:47 AM
Former Vendor

neither, go with Spidertrax and never have to worry.
My concern with the Spidertrax is that they list their spacers as being " anodized in dark blue, using a double anodizing process for twice the corrosion resistance" but they don't list the type of aluminum used. Whenever you're putting aluminum against steel you're asking for corrosion so a high quality aluminum is important in this application, in my opinion anyway.

If I can get a known high quality aluminum spacer without having to pay for the brand name on another spacer, I'm going to do that all day long. That's my stance on it anyway!

-Ryan
Old 04-16-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Spidertrax uses 6061-T6 aluminum. I have a set. Its quality satisfies this aerospace engineer!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:09 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by XTRyan
My concern with the Spidertrax is that they list their spacers as being " anodized in dark blue, using a double anodizing process for twice the corrosion resistance" but they don't list the type of aluminum used. Whenever you're putting aluminum against steel you're asking for corrosion so a high quality aluminum is important in this application, in my opinion anyway.

If I can get a known high quality aluminum spacer without having to pay for the brand name on another spacer, I'm going to do that all day long. That's my stance on it anyway!

-Ryan
It is stated on their website.
Wheel Spacers

I read the thread on here were the RC were tested by a lab and did not in fact meet the specs they stated. I would not be surprised if a Chinese company did the same which is I am guessing where RR come from. I think some things are worth paying more for and wheel spacers are one of them. I realize you are in the business of selling products that your company sells so we will look at things differently, which is ok that is what forums are for.

Last edited by jadmt; 04-16-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MagnumD69
Spidertrax uses 6061-T6 aluminum. I have a set. Its quality satisfies this aerospace engineer!
According to RC's web site

http://www.roughcountry.com/wheel-spacers-1091.html

Their spacers are also made of 6061-T6 aluminum.

The 30$ price difference is probably due to the fact that the RC aren't made in the USA.

XTRyan do you know where are made the RC spacers?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:11 AM
Former Vendor

It is stated on their website.
Wheel Spacers

I read the thread on here were the RC were tested by a lab and did not in fact meet the specs they stated. I would not be surprised if a Chinese company did the same which is I am guessing where RR come from. I think some things are worth paying more for and wheel spacers are one of them. I realize you are in the business of selling products that your company sells so we will look at things differently, which is ok that is what forums are for.
I didn't see that they listed the type of aluminum there. Thank you for pointing that out!

I haven't seen that test but I'm going to look it up. Yes, we are in the business of selling parts but I don't recommend anything I don't personally believe in. I was under the impression that the RC spacers were every bit as good as the Spidertrax spacers and cheaper. If that is not the case I want to know about it!

Originally Posted by jbaubry
According to RC's web site

1.5-inch Wheel Spacers for Jeep JK Wrangler, XK Commander, WK, WJ Grand Cherokee [1091] | Rough Country Suspension Systems

Their spacers are also made of 6061-T6 aluminum.

The 30$ price difference is probably due to the fact that the RC aren't made in the USA.

XTRyan do you know where are made the RC spacers?
I can't say for sure where the RC spacers are made. IF they are the same material as other spacers and they hub bore and studs are tight, I would still save the money and go with RC. If I can find the study that Jadmt is talking about and the RC ones aren't comparable quality, then it might make sense to spend the extra money. I'll let you know what I can find!

-Ryan
Old 04-16-2014, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Ryan and keep us posted.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 AM
JK Jedi

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-130315/page4/

post 38

Quick Reply: Hubcentric or lugcentric wheelspacers?