Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideas on Ripp Supercharger and Rugged Ridge Snorkel coexisting

Old 02-09-2017, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rovingshoe
I have a Ripp Supercharger Gen 2 Stage 1 installed on my 2010 JKU. I also have the Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Snorkel. I am looking at options for connecting the two together. There isn't much room for the airfilter, and the two don't line up that well. I don't believe using the Rugged Ridge lower factory airbox replacement can work - the supercharger is on top of it.

I bought the "RIPP Cold Air Kit for all Snorkels" thinking this would be the solution, but it is rather large and I can't find the space for it.

My current thought is to cut away the tray that holds the factory airbox to free up some room, but I am not so sure that this gives me enough for the RIPP Cold Air Kit and all the plumbing needed. The wheel well shroud is just below the tray and will likely get in the way. I really don't want to remove the wheel well shroud if I don't have to?

There is a YouTube video posted with a Ripp Supercharger mated with the RIPP Cold Air Kit that is working with the ARB snorkel, but the video stops short of showing any plumbing from the CA to the snorkel. Also, I believe that the ARB snorkel comes into the engine much higher than the Rugged Ridge.

Has anyone figured this out yet? I called Rugged Ridge (and spoke with the snorkel designer), but didn't get any particularly solid advice - other than you need to find a way to get a filter in there. Anyone have some advice on this?

Perhaps there is another filter option I should look at? Something small but effective. I do NOT want too look at external filter options, since I REALLY like the clean external look of the Rugged Ridge snorkel - basically why I chose it.

I'll post a few pictures showing the problem shortly.

BTW: I do realize that the snorkel will likely have a negative impact on the HP, torque and MPG.
I know this is old but I'm going threw the same problem. Any chance you are still out there and are willing to let me know what your final outcome was? I also picked up the sealed RIPP filter and can't get it to fit... my problem is I also have a Poison Spyder vented hood... so I don't feel comfortable with the open k&n filter.... please get back to me.....

Quick Reply: Ideas on Ripp Supercharger and Rugged Ridge Snorkel coexisting