Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if you had a little over a grand .....

Old 12-22-2016, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jordy
The key is the plan with some added patience or you're going to blow your budget 100 times over. I've seen posts, and I don't know if it was this place, or other ones, where people wanted a $1,400 rear bumper and tire swing, but only had $800, so they were going to buy a bumper that everyone told them was a piece of chinese made shit, until they could afford the $1,400 bumper. The logic in that operation was lost on me as that's a huge step backwards, but I'm not that smrat.
Jordy drove my point home. Plan and save instead of spending "$800" while saving to pay "$1400"
Old 12-22-2016, 07:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Save it up and get something that will really improve the jeep.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoccoV
OK with $1000 to spend: 1st - LED Headlights and interior lights (SH*# all lighting) 2nd - Tear out the rugs (flooring) and go with Bed Tred or Bed Rug (all Jeeps leak) 3rd - GOOD Seat covers (might have to add a few dollars) Trek Armor Just my opinion
Good call Rocco, I wasn't even thinking of Bed Tred!!! Definitely a must have imo!
Old 12-22-2016, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default ok will do it-

Originally Posted by Jeep801
Jordy drove my point home. Plan and save instead of spending "$800" while saving to pay "$1400"
means a dent in the beer budget- but hey - good things require sacrifice, i ll just become the designated driver for a while, between that and brown bagging lunches i can save up the bucks
Old 12-22-2016, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by praack
means a dent in the beer budget- but hey - good things require sacrifice, i ll just become the designated driver for a while, between that and brown bagging lunches i can save up the bucks
LOL. Good luck with the upgrades. Keep us posted. May want to spend a little money on beer.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would spend it on a tip wheeling, that way I knew what I needed further on down the road.... $1000 could get you some armor though, think skid plates... As for tires... dude, discount tire finances!
Old 12-23-2016, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

I don't know what you're starting off with but the first thing I did was put tint on the windows, followed by a new front bumper n winch. Just got some rubi take offs n currently saving up for a lift but I'm in no rush. My vision is for an overland that I can take camping n hunting. What's yours?
Old 12-23-2016, 12:06 PM
JK Super Freak

If it's an Auto I would cover up that transmission line, that IMO is low hanging fruit waiting to be snagged, with one of the Oil pan tranny skid plates to choose from then wheel it and figure out whats next while saving up more Jeep money.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

Save it. Spend your time developing a comprehensive list of what you are wanting as the ultimate goal. A grand will take care of minor upgrades but more money will be needed for significant changes such as lifts, gearing, lockers, etc. Without the list you will likely buy parts you'll not end up using. Just offering my two cents from personal experience. Enjoy the Jeep life!

Quick Reply: if you had a little over a grand .....