Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Improved shifter linkage bushing

Old 09-19-2016, 02:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Improved shifter linkage bushing

We all know or will soon find out at the least opportunistic time shifter bushings will wear out and disintegrate. They can leave you high and dry at the worst times. If I am not mistaken, the bushings are used on automatics and the transfer case linkage cables. My question is: Has anyone seen this supposedly newer & improved bushing? TB1KIT Shift Cable Repair Kit
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bushing.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	657090  
Old 09-28-2016, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ccgagnon
We all know or will soon find out at the least opportunistic time shifter bushings will wear out and disintegrate. They can leave you high and dry at the worst times. If I am not mistaken, the bushings are used on automatics and the transfer case linkage cables. My question is: Has anyone seen this supposedly newer & improved bushing? TB1KIT Shift Cable Repair Kit
That's a negative. It's not a $24 fix. People have some cheaper full proof solutions for the same issue. To get to that bushing it will take longer than 2-5 minutes since it requires the seat removal and console being pulled up. Still looks plastic, which will without a doubt begin to break down due to the amount of heat that comes through that floor. I've never heard of the company.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not seen nor used that product, however I have accessed & repaired/replaced my xfer case bushing inside the cab on the trail in 10 minutes. Remove all bolts and screws on driver side of the console, lift the console from the floor on the side near the xfer case shifter & stick something in there to hold it up. You now have direct access to the linkage with enough room to remove the old & replace with new.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ccgagnon
I just zip tie and it's been tight for the last 7 years.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wrong post wrong place, darn comp.

Last edited by KClight01; 07-14-2018 at 04:39 AM. Reason: wrong post

Quick Reply: Improved shifter linkage bushing