JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   info on adding a 1" M.O.R.E. (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/info-adding-1-m-o-r-e-26074/)

justinstoffregen 01-20-2008 10:00 AM

info on adding a 1" M.O.R.E.

I currently have a 2.5" suspension lift and I am interested in adding a 1" m.o.r.e. I would like to do the work myself and was hoping that some of you would share your thoughts as to what I should keep in mind. Is there anything other than the lift that I need? Brake lines, track bars, etc? Thanks in advance.
--j

Duke 01-20-2008 10:41 AM

The MORE kit is complete. There is nothing else you need. I installed mine in my driveway by myself in about 1.5 hours.

justinstoffregen 01-20-2008 11:33 AM

thanks for the quick reply

Originally Posted by Duke (Post 302736)
The MORE kit is complete. There is nothing else you need.
I installed mine in my driveway by myself in about 1.5 hours.

other than a jack and a jack stand, and some tools is there anything else i might need?

kidjeep 01-20-2008 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen (Post 302772)
other than a jack and a jack stand, and some tools is there anything else i might need?

That's it besides basic hand tools...socket/wrenches etc.

You have a manual so may have to trim for shifter clearance, do a search, this has been talked about. I have auto and it was straight forward.

justinstoffregen 01-20-2008 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by kidjeep (Post 302830)
That's it besides basic hand tools...socket/wrenches etc.

You have a manual so may have to trim for shifter clearance, do a search, this has been talked about. I have auto and it was straight forward.

o.k. thanks.

swampdonkey 01-23-2008 06:30 PM

Just pay attention to the larger bolts. I need to review the instructions, but I'm pretty sure MORE had the two larger rear bolts in the wrong position. The larger bolts on my 08 was the very last two bolts near the bumper, not the 2 near shocks.

08SaharaM6 01-23-2008 06:33 PM

You definately have to trim for 2nd 4th and 6th gear.

Firedog73 01-23-2008 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen (Post 302720)
I currently have a 2.5" suspension lift and I am interested in adding a 1" m.o.r.e. I would like to do the work myself and was hoping that some of you would share your thoughts as to what I should keep in mind. Is there anything other than the lift that I need? Brake lines, track bars, etc? Thanks in advance.
--j

Please explain M.O.R.E I am also interested in getting a little more lift I am running a 2.5 skyjacker Ty

kidjeep 01-23-2008 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Firedog73 (Post 307711)
Please explain M.O.R.E I am also interested in getting a little more lift I am running a 2.5 skyjacker Ty

" M.O.R.E." is Mountain Offroad Enterprises in CO, they make body lifts( among other things) for Jeeps. The body lift is simply a spacer put between all your factory body mounts bushings and the body to lift the body from the frame rails 1". It's pretty simple lift for cheap.

Firedog73 01-23-2008 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by kidjeep (Post 307846)
" M.O.R.E." is Mountain Offroad Enterprises in CO, they make body lifts( among other things) for Jeeps. The body lift is simply a spacer put between all your factory body mounts bushings and the body to lift the body from the frame rails 1". It's pretty simple lift for cheap.

Thank you for the explanation. I was lost