Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inner fender gaps

Old 08-08-2017, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inner fender gaps

Hey guys, last weekend I installed some of the bushwacker aluminum fenders. I've got artic inner fenders I'm installing with them. I've noticed that it's going to leave a gap between the exterior layer of the body and the interior layer. Is this something I need to be worried about mud building up and rotting in the body or will it all wash out?
Old 08-08-2017, 05:18 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

I have Ace inner liners and no fenders. I have open gaps there at the back of the wheel well. No issues at all. I'm not much for getting in to mud, but occassionally it's unavoidable. Anything that gets in there just washes out. I presume that is the space you are speaking off. Ace makes a small separate piece that fits in there if it's a huge concern. Little overpriced for what they are if you ask me. I think the Ace and Artec liners look about the same right in that area....so think the Ace piece I'm speaking of would be an option for you.

Last edited by resharp001; 08-08-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I have Ace inner liners and no fenders. I have open gaps there at the back of the wheel well. No issues at all. I'm not much for getting in to mud, but occassionally it's unavoidable. Anything that gets in there just washes out. I presume that is the space you are speaking off. Ace makes a small separate piece that fits in there if it's a huge concern. Little overpriced for what they are if you ask me. I think the Ace and Artec liners look about the same right in that area....so think the Ace piece I'm speaking of would be an option for you.
Thanks for your input. I'll just keep it cleaned up as best i can i think. Those little pieces from ACE look expensive for what they are.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:55 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by joepiper151
Those little pieces from ACE look expensive for what they are.
Totally agree.

Quick Reply: Inner fender gaps