Installation of a 42RLE transmission in a JKU questions?

Installation of a 42RLE transmission in a JKU questions?

JK Newbie

Default Installation of a 42RLE transmission in a JKU questions?

I plan to install a re-manufactured 42RLE transmission in my 2011JKU, since my went out a few weeks ago at 74,000 miles. The plan is to also change out the cooler and lines as well. I am looking for any help with advice and tips about completing the removal and install? Any issues or problems other may have come across in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountup78 View Post
    I plan to install a re-manufactured 42RLE transmission in my 2011JKU, since my went out a few weeks ago at 74,000 miles. The plan is to also change out the cooler and lines as well. I am looking for any help with advice and tips about completing the removal and install? Any issues or problems other may have come across in the past?
    I haven't done this myself but I have watched a couple of times - I would think the install would be tough lining everything thing up and getting bolts back in some of those tight spaces but removal looks doable enough
    https://youtu.be/QfsFFEwNDD0

I paid AAMCO to do mine.
    Gots
    17-Inch Rubi Wheels
    295/70/17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's
    18/59 Springs & Rubi Shocks
    TF Leveling Kit
    1.5" Spidertrax Spacers
    Warn Rock Crawler Stubby & Engo 9000 Winch
    EVO Rear Bolt On "D" Ring Mounts
    EVO Rear Corner Skins
    Rough Country Skidd

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

did any of you change out the torque converter with different specs other than stock and did it help drive-ability?
    11 JKUR Auto, RIPP SC, Body Armor bumper, Warn XD9000I winch, Synthetic line,XRC Rear Bumper W/carrier, ARB OBA W/1Gal Tank, 10lb CO2, Synergy 4.5 springs, Synergy track bar,drag link flip-Tie Rod, control arms and Ball Joints, C-gusset and sleeved, RuffStuff Diff. covers, FOX W\res shocks, Barricade Flat Fenders, Redneck Ram, 37 12.50\17 BFG KO2, 5.38 gears, Uniden 520xl CB, Yaesu FT7900R, Teraflex Big Rotors, Diablo I2, Dynomax RC exhaust. W3JEP San Diego Jeep Club-Gulf War Vet. USAF