Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installation of a 42RLE transmission in a JKU questions?

Old 12-01-2017, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installation of a 42RLE transmission in a JKU questions?

I plan to install a re-manufactured 42RLE transmission in my 2011JKU, since my went out a few weeks ago at 74,000 miles. The plan is to also change out the cooler and lines as well. I am looking for any help with advice and tips about completing the removal and install? Any issues or problems other may have come across in the past?
Old 12-04-2017, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountup78
I plan to install a re-manufactured 42RLE transmission in my 2011JKU, since my went out a few weeks ago at 74,000 miles. The plan is to also change out the cooler and lines as well. I am looking for any help with advice and tips about completing the removal and install? Any issues or problems other may have come across in the past?
I haven't done this myself but I have watched a couple of times - I would think the install would be tough lining everything thing up and getting bolts back in some of those tight spaces but removal looks doable enough
https://youtu.be/QfsFFEwNDD0
Old 12-06-2017, 05:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I paid AAMCO to do mine.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did any of you change out the torque converter with different specs other than stock and did it help drive-ability?

Quick Reply: Installation of a 42RLE transmission in a JKU questions?