Installation of a 42RLE transmission in a JKU questions? - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installation of a 42RLE transmission in a JKU questions?

Old 12-01-2017, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default Installation of a 42RLE transmission in a JKU questions?

I plan to install a re-manufactured 42RLE transmission in my 2011JKU, since my went out a few weeks ago at 74,000 miles. The plan is to also change out the cooler and lines as well. I am looking for any help with advice and tips about completing the removal and install? Any issues or problems other may have come across in the past?
Old 12-04-2017, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mountup78 View Post
I plan to install a re-manufactured 42RLE transmission in my 2011JKU, since my went out a few weeks ago at 74,000 miles. The plan is to also change out the cooler and lines as well. I am looking for any help with advice and tips about completing the removal and install? Any issues or problems other may have come across in the past?
I haven't done this myself but I have watched a couple of times - I would think the install would be tough lining everything thing up and getting bolts back in some of those tight spaces but removal looks doable enough
https://youtu.be/QfsFFEwNDD0
Old 12-06-2017, 05:16 AM
JK Junkie

I paid AAMCO to do mine.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

did any of you change out the torque converter with different specs other than stock and did it help drive-ability?

Quick Reply: Installation of a 42RLE transmission in a JKU questions?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: