Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed OME 3" lift - Need some assistance

Old 05-08-2010, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
I got a similar setup and agree with MKJeep.

Did you just add HD shocks and springs and nothing else???

You should have also added at the very least track bar brackets to center you axles. I went the route of adj. trac bars to center the axles with no issues. Also, did you add longer rear sway bar links and switch your rear SB links to the front?

The rubbing at highway exits is your ESP kicking in, your steering wheel is not centered correctly. Check out WOL easy write-up to center steering wheel. This should help with this issue.

Also, is your steering floaty??? If it is you should invest in longer front lower control arms (adjustable) to get your caster closer to stock.
Thanks everyone I will be busy this weekend. I will let everyone know what I find out.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check to make sure the inner lip of your wheel isn't rubbing on anything- often times when you lift it throws the axles out of being perfectly center and will rub on the rims (not necessarily the tire). This is most likely what it is that's causing a wheel speed change as well as the direction that all 4 are traveling that may also be influencing your ESP kicking in.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

I have been having the same problems. It only does it on tight left hand turns. It makes a rubbing/scrubbing sound that sounds like metal rubbing. The esp traction light comes on and then after a second the esp/bas lights come on and then it's fine. I haven't had it aligned yet but I think the noise is from the esp engaging the right front break. My steering wheel is a little off and I think the jeep is reading it as a slide and trying to maintain traction. I think an alignment and re-centering the wheel better (it's close-but not perfect now) will fix the problem. I have two inch skyjacker spacers on and I haven't put adj track bars or track bar brackets on yet either. That may also be the culprit. I will post up if I get it figured out.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mr_natural78
I have been having the same problems. It only does it on tight left hand turns. It makes a rubbing/scrubbing sound that sounds like metal rubbing. The esp traction light comes on and then after a second the esp/bas lights come on and then it's fine. I haven't had it aligned yet but I think the noise is from the esp engaging the right front break. My steering wheel is a little off and I think the jeep is reading it as a slide and trying to maintain traction. I think an alignment and re-centering the wheel better (it's close-but not perfect now) will fix the problem. I have two inch skyjacker spacers on and I haven't put adj track bars or track bar brackets on yet either. That may also be the culprit. I will post up if I get it figured out.
Thanks Doug I think that is the concensus here. I have a bracket to install to hopefully realign my wheels from OME. Hopefully that works... Snow here today in Denver so it may have to wait yet another day. I will update everyone once I install it.

Quick Reply: Installed OME 3" lift - Need some assistance