Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Electronic Sway-bar Disco on non-Rubi Models

Old 01-16-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could someone PM me a link to the guy with the YJ that put one together? I'd like to see how he did the electrical side of it. A good thing about this is that you can clock the motor when you fab up your own mount.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepingib
Could someone PM me a link to the guy with the YJ that put one together? I'd like to see how he did the electrical side of it. A good thing about this is that you can clock the motor when you fab up your own mount.

link to yj discussion

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358591
Old 01-16-2007, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the link. It was just PM'd to me also. I've spent the last fifteen minutes going over it thoroughly.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered mine from my dealer....worst case I'll just hook it up manual like the guy in the YJ thread did. Anything has to be better than trying to get the disconnects lined up again, especially in the cold.

Anybody check to see if the wires are run already and just tucked up somewhere?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

If I remember correctly, the whole board behind the 5 switches connects to the bus. So I would assume that the wires that connect to the disconnect would also connect to the bus. I'm wondering if you would need to do a computer flash once you install everything to tell the computer that the disconnect is there so it knows what to do when you press the button.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

My goal is to use the Rubicon switches with mine. it will require a switch and it might even require a computer flash.

If anyone gets to it, let me know if the wiring is already there etc. it would be beautiful if i could just plug it in.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2007 JK
My goal is to use the Rubicon switches with mine. it will require a switch and it might even require a computer flash.

If anyone gets to it, let me know if the wiring is already there etc. it would be beautiful if i could just plug it in.
I looked quickly and did not find the wiring in place. I am pretty sure that it would require a flash of some type. With the Rubi the system does not activate until you are in 4LO and incorporates the lamp in the instrument panel. The light will flash when you hit the switch and the Jeep is "waiting" for the situation to be right to disconnect the swaybar. It seems like a lot of behind the scenes computer logic that I don't quite understand.

I personally will be wiring the switch directly to the backside wiring. I want to be able to use the disconnect feature in 4HI was well as 4LO.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

For us non-tech savvy owners, can the dealership install this
and at what cost? Would their installation result in a "stock"
operation from the instrument panel?
Old 01-19-2007, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
anyone get theirs thats on order? no word on mine yet.
I am #61 on the backorder list and was led to believe they were not in production yet...
Old 01-20-2007, 02:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Honestly, I have no idea how the e-disco would work on a YJ as the physical lenght of the JK sway bar is significantly wider than what that YJ would have but hey, that's another story all together.
I don't own a YJ but from the picture they look pretty close.

picture from http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358591

Quick Reply: Installing Electronic Sway-bar Disco on non-Rubi Models