Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues after long tube installation and cat deletes

Old 04-23-2019, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
Don't you have another thread asking similar questions? I think in that one, you're asking the same question in a different way.

Like I said before. Your computer is getting information that you're running lean. That's either a problem with what the O2 sensors are reporting or what the MAF is reporting or you have air entering the system between the MAF and the O2 sensors.

What's your A/F ratio?

And, really, I don't see what you think you are gaining with cat delete. It's not like the 3.8L horsepower is limited by the exhaust.
I am going to have to agree with jedg on this. You seem to be having a lot of issues do to this mod, and like i said in the very beginning when you where mean to me, if you want more power you need to go with a super charger or a turbo kit. I would suggest the Prodigy kit. I am not shur how far they go with the exhaust mods but i know you use all factory sensors. maybe @Prodigy Performance can chime in. But i know i have spent like 45 minutes today looking at wiring diagrams for ya
Old 04-23-2019, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DEJK2012
I am going to have to agree with jedg on this. You seem to be having a lot of issues do to this mod, and like i said in the very beginning when you where mean to me, if you want more power you need to go with a super charger or a turbo kit. I would suggest the Prodigy kit. I am not shur how far they go with the exhaust mods but i know you use all factory sensors. maybe @Prodigy Performance can chime in. But i know i have spent like 45 minutes today looking at wiring diagrams for ya
It ran great for almost a year w the exhaust mid and a local mechanic told me I needed a tune for it...I just thought u guys on here may have been more knowledgeable than me...and if u was looking up the wrong wiring pins for 45 min ur an idiot....I was being nice bc u were making an effort...i just bought the pdf and pinned it out....I've been looking for answers for 2 weeks and for some reason u think it's funny to hav jeep problems
Old 04-23-2019, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

I guarantee they keep the cats.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I guarantee they keep the cats.
Ya i would assume so, and i mean you are the one that started cutting stuff apart without doing the proper research. You have probably learned the reason as to why i haven't seen or heard anyone else do it. I tried helping you from the very first moment you posted and i have really been the ONLY one trying to help you. Glad you treat other Jeepers this way.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Ya i would assume so, and i mean you are the one that started cutting stuff apart without doing the proper research. You have probably learned the reason as to why i haven't seen or heard anyone else do it. I tried helping you from the very first moment you posted and i have really been the ONLY one trying to help you. Glad you treat other Jeepers this way.
What? Please. You posted a smart response that was no help. You're the only one huh? hrm...
Old 04-23-2019, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What? Please. You posted a smart response that was no help. You're the only one huh? hrm...
I appreciate ur post and trying to help...it was a pcm issue and for anyone who's had one its like a wild goose chase...all I could do was tell symptoms and ask questions....
The following users liked this post:
jedg (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

That last part wasent ment toward you jedg, and ya forgot you posted in the other trying to figure out what he was asking about the wiring diagram
Old 04-24-2019, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Easye33
I appreciate ur post and trying to help...it was a pcm issue and for anyone who's had one its like a wild goose chase...all I could do was tell symptoms and ask questions....
Did you have to replace the PCM?

Quick Reply: Issues after long tube installation and cat deletes