Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JBA Headers melting everything

Old 10-03-2012, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JBA Headers melting everything

Hi Guys,

Installed a set of JBA Ceramic headers about 3 months ago to my 08 JK and now finding a lot of things starting to melt, clips holding heater hoses, oxy sensors, wiring loom stc stc, anyone else having any problems with that?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:14 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

pretty much everyone i know who's installed headers have this problem. the JK's just put out a lot of heat and the headers won't help anything.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

You should try a heat wrap on the headers, I used to use it on my bikes when i was younger to keep the headers from cracking my custom paint job on the fairings, and keep the pipe from tagging the inside of my calf. Should greatly reduce the heat under the hood from headers, and some hood louvers probably wouldnt hurt either.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

I have the same headers (the titanium ceramic JBA's) and did have heat issues for a short while. I took care of this by 1. using the high-heat wires that JBA sends with their kit, and 2. using the heat "socks" over the spots where the wires still get close to the headers on the driver's side. Haven't had a problem since.

I think they were about $10 from Napa.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

Exactly the reason I went with Ripp headers. No heat issues period. Still have stock plug wires over a year later. When I began researching this topic over a year ago I heard the same things. Some people reported the battery box melting too. Since you already have the JBAs you could look into getting them JetHot coated. I had some Headman headers coated a few years back for my 68 Firebird and that helped reduce the underhood temps.

Quick Reply: JBA Headers melting everything