Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR SLIDERS bare naked metal 4 door crusaders.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JCR SLIDERS bare naked metal 4 door crusaders.

Trying to do the bare steel look I don't give a shit about a little bit of surface rust.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hail2Ale
Trying to do the bare steel look I don't give a shit about a little bit of surface rust.
I'm curious about this one. I think it might look cool. I have a buddy that brought up doing that and clear coating the bare steel. If you do it post some pics.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wait for a little surface rust, then clear coat them. Give them that "lived in" look.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

I've seen both untouched and clear coated over with some character. I'd say with clear coat looks better and holds that character in. The bumpers I saw left to their own device just looked bad. Like you were too broke to complete the ownership of bumpers or lazy to put a spray can to it.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hail2Ale
I wouldn't do that. While surface rust is cool, Colorado has winters, especially combined with road salt. Things could get out of hand real quick once that crap gets into the welds.

As a previous poster mentioned, at least rattle can them.

Quick Reply: JCR SLIDERS bare naked metal 4 door crusaders.