Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep JK Rear Seat Removal and Floor Kit

Old 11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep JK Rear Seat Removal and Floor Kit

I recently discovered the Kilby JK Floor (see about 2/3rd of the way down here: http://www.onboardair.com/tb-jeep-jk.htm). Has anyone seen on of these in person, or installed one on their rig? I'm doing some winter camping inside by JKU (instead of a tent) and am interested in removing the rear seats entirely and creating a storage compartment underneath the floor, not to mention creating a flat sleeping surface. See pics below.

I know a few guys on here have done DIY versions of this, but didn't see any detailed write-ups. Does anyone have a DIY version that they're really happy with that they'd like to show and tell? I like the one on this thread, but the pics no longer work. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...r-Seat-Removal

Old 02-16-2012, 04:05 PM
JnT
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This actually what I'm trying to plan out right now. We're doing a 6000km road trip this summer and we are planning on living in the Jeep for the most part. I'm going to install a lockable storage "trunk" in the rear area and then remove the rear seats and build a custom lockable enclosure to fit in there that I can remove. it will give me a nice flat surface for sleeping and still give me lots of storage space for gear. I'll try and do a write once I get to the building phase.

Quick Reply: Jeep JK Rear Seat Removal and Floor Kit