Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep Wrangler jk 2012 superchips flashpaq gave me p0731 error code. Help!

Old 11-17-2015, 09:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Wrangler jk 2012 superchips flashpaq gave me p0731 error code. Help!

Hello I have my jeep with a 35 inches tires 2012. I used superchips flashpaq to change tire size to35 inches. I did it but now I have p0731 failure code. I'm experiencing automatic failure transmission.

The reverse sometimes do not work, and my car it seems that start from the second gear. And it has a week power.

Can you help me out to know how to solve this?

I tried using flashpaq to set it back to stock mode once again but the problem still there

thank you
Old 11-18-2015, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had you been running with 35's prior to installing the Flashpaq? And have you done anything with your suspension at the same time you installed your 35's - like your front track bar?
Old 11-18-2015, 05:06 AM
JK Newbie

Default Jeep wrangler jk 2012 p0731 error flaspaq

Originally Posted by bfschor
Had you been running with 35's prior to installing the Flashpaq? And have you done anything with your suspension at the same time you installed your 35's - like your front track bar?
Hello thank you for your reply.

What i did to my jeep its the following prior installing flaspaq.

- installed 35 inches tires
- installed 1.5 spacers inches to lift the jeep

When i did this my car was working really fine. Only it was more slower and increased a bit the gas consumption.

For the above reason i bought flaspaq in order to reprogram the configuration and submit 35 inches tires in to my jeep and reprogram to save gas mile mode. But as soon i did this the transmission started to functioning rare and in the workshop they changed the axel ratio from 3.21 to 5.13 in the software without making any mechanical changes using flaspaq. When they did this the transmission jeep started to work much better. I decide to leave it like this because when i returned back to stock mode my jeep transmission didnt work.

As i have a automatic transmission these were and are the symptoms now.

1) the reverse doesnt work. It seems that still in neutral mode.
2) the autoshift doesnt work
3) it seems that the jeep starting from second gear
4) extreme gas consumption

I already take my jeep to the repair shop and they said that the transmission ita fine, they beleive that its a electronic / software failure.

I sent email to superchips but untill now waiting for their reply how to fix this.

What do you think.

Thnks
Old 11-18-2015, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE="IVANOFF;4161018"] Hello thank you for your reply. What i did to my jeep its the following prior installing flaspaq. - installed 35 inches tires - installed 1.5 spacers inches to lift the jeep When i did this my car was working really fine. Only it was more slower and increased a bit the gas consumption. For the above reason i bought flaspaq in order to reprogram the configuration and submit 35 inches tires in to my jeep and reprogram to save gas mile mode. But as soon i did this the transmission started to functioning rare and in the workshop they changed the axel ratio from 3.21 to 5.13 in the software without making any mechanical changes using flaspaq. When they did this the transmission jeep started to work much better. I decide to leave it like this because when i returned back to stock mode my jeep transmission didnt work. As i have a automatic transmission these were and are the symptoms now. 1) the reverse doesnt work. It seems that still in neutral mode. 2) the autoshift doesnt work 3) it seems that the jeep starting from second gear 4) extreme gas consumption I already take my jeep to the repair shop and they said that the transmission ita fine, they beleive that its a electronic / software failure. I sent email to superchips but untill now waiting for their reply how to fix this. What do you think.
Sounds like trans is in limp mode.Clear the code see how it drives. It sounds like a solenoid issue or a bad speed sensor take to a better shop for them to diagnosis it
Old 11-18-2015, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=Jeepstercanada;4161019]
Originally Posted by IVANOFF
Hello thank you for your reply. What i did to my jeep its the following prior installing flaspaq. - installed 35 inches tires - installed 1.5 spacers inches to lift the jeep When i did this my car was working really fine. Only it was more slower and increased a bit the gas consumption. For the above reason i bought flaspaq in order to reprogram the configuration and submit 35 inches tires in to my jeep and reprogram to save gas mile mode. But as soon i did this the transmission started to functioning rare and in the workshop they changed the axel ratio from 3.21 to 5.13 in the software without making any mechanical changes using flaspaq. When they did this the transmission jeep started to work much better. I decide to leave it like this because when i returned back to stock mode my jeep transmission didnt work. As i have a automatic transmission these were and are the symptoms now. 1) the reverse doesnt work. It seems that still in neutral mode. 2) the autoshift doesnt work 3) it seems that the jeep starting from second gear 4) extreme gas consumption I already take my jeep to the repair shop and they said that the transmission ita fine, they beleive that its a electronic / software failure. I sent email to superchips but untill now waiting for their reply how to fix this. What do you think.
Sounds like trans is in limp mode.Clear the code see how it drives. It sounds like a solenoid issue or a bad speed sensor take to a better shop for them to diagnosis it

Thanks, let me check it out and i will keep you posted
Old 11-18-2015, 09:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Having the wrong gears programmed into the computer will cause limp mode, tire size should not. Are you sure you didn't accidentally change the gear ratio instead of tire size?
Old 11-18-2015, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=Jeepstercanada;4161019]
Originally Posted by IVANOFF
Hello thank you for your reply. What i did to my jeep its the following prior installing flaspaq. - installed 35 inches tires - installed 1.5 spacers inches to lift the jeep When i did this my car was working really fine. Only it was more slower and increased a bit the gas consumption. For the above reason i bought flaspaq in order to reprogram the configuration and submit 35 inches tires in to my jeep and reprogram to save gas mile mode. But as soon i did this the transmission started to functioning rare and in the workshop they changed the axel ratio from 3.21 to 5.13 in the software without making any mechanical changes using flaspaq. When they did this the transmission jeep started to work much better. I decide to leave it like this because when i returned back to stock mode my jeep transmission didnt work. As i have a automatic transmission these were and are the symptoms now. 1) the reverse doesnt work. It seems that still in neutral mode. 2) the autoshift doesnt work 3) it seems that the jeep starting from second gear 4) extreme gas consumption I already take my jeep to the repair shop and they said that the transmission ita fine, they beleive that its a electronic / software failure. I sent email to superchips but untill now waiting for their reply how to fix this. What do you think.

Hi what i changed using flaspaq is the following

1) tire size from origial to 35 inches
2) gear ratio from 3.21 to 5.13 that the guy from the workshop did. He changed it.

And then trying yo go back once again to stock mode even puttig once again 3.21 original ratio. Im still having transmissiom problem.

What do you think? Any possible solution that i can do?

Thnks
Old 11-18-2015, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Having the wrong gears programmed into the computer will cause limp mode, tire size should not. Are you sure you didn't accidentally change the gear ratio instead of tire size?

Hi what i changed using flaspaq is the following

1) tire size from origial to 35 inches
2) gear ratio from 3.21 to 5.13 that the guy from the workshop did. He changed it.

And then trying yo go back once again to stock mode even puttig once again 3.21 original ratio. Im still having transmissiom problem.

What do you think? Any possible solution that i can do?

Thank you
Old 11-18-2015, 10:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you sure you have 3.21s and not 3.73s? If so, then I would try using the flashpaq to go back to stock. Then clear the codes. Then disconnect battery negative cable for 10 minutes. It's worth a shot at resetting the PCM.

And reverse should engage in limp mode. It just takes several seconds so be patient.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Are you sure you have 3.21s and not 3.73s? If so, then I would try using the flashpaq to go back to stock. Then clear the codes. Then disconnect battery negative cable for 10 minutes. It's worth a shot at resetting the PCM.

And reverse should engage in limp mode. It just takes several seconds so be patient.

Thank you! Let me do it and keep you posted

Quick Reply: Jeep Wrangler jk 2012 superchips flashpaq gave me p0731 error code. Help!