Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JK diamond plate

Old 11-19-2006, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK diamond plate

Just bought my new JK yesterday and of course I'm looking at aftermarket goodies........wondering if anyone has information on diamond plate rocker guards and corners.

I've been looking at what Tellico4X4.com offers with the Warrior Products. My old YJ had the corners. Not a real tight fit, but they looked nice and provided good protection.

My new JK is an "X" model with the only option of AC. I immediately rolled it down to Les Schwab and swapped the 225s for 245 TXRs for better winter traction. Plus they fill the wheel well a little better.

I picked the black one after much deliberation. I'm thinking that some bright aluminum diamond plate will dress it up real nice and provide some trail protection for my adventures in the northwest mountains.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:40 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You mean something like this...

Click here to see the Warrior Products JK and all their products for it

Old 11-19-2006, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

That's what I'm looking for and thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

You're right about the protection issue, but my Jeep is a daily driver and logging road cruiser. I'm not much of a "serious" offroader. We do our trail running on motorcycles. This new machine, like my trusty YJ, is my tool of freedom in the northwest mountains.

So it looks like you still need to pop rivet these plates onto the rig. With a generous application of silicone sealer I should be able to control the corrosion problems ??

Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Default Front Bumper

Do you know if that front bumper is made by Warrior Products and if it's available yet?

I really like that setup. I probably won't be installing a winch, but I'll need a place for some offroad lights and possibly a high lift jack for my hunting adventures.

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:14 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, some silicon along the edges will help to keep sand and other debris from falling inbetween the panels and your body preventing rust and corrosion. As far as the front bumper goes, I'm pretty sure everything you see on this JK is made by Warrior Products. As for when they will be available goes, sorry, I don't have that info available to me as of yet.

Quick Reply: JK diamond plate