Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick drag link flip question (using stock RH drive drag link)

Old 10-22-2020, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quick drag link flip question (using stock RH drive drag link)

I previously removed a 3.5" Rough Country lift when I upgraded and installed my current 3.5" Eibach lift. During this upgrade, I got rid of the Rough Country drop pitman arm and went back to a stock pitman arm. Note, I also have an adjustable trackbar. I am happy with everything, but since I now have fairly steep angles with both my trackbar and draglink I think going to a flipped drag link my improve the feel of my steering and reduce bump steer.

I still have my Rough Country bracket to raise the trackbar that I could reinstall. I can buy the knuckle adapter sleeve for $10 (tapered sleeve to install in drilled out 7/8" hole). My question is if I reinstall the RC trackbar bracket and the adapter sleeve can I just use a stock RH drive JK drag link? I can pick one up for $50 so this would be a very cheap drag link flip.

Rough Country offers a flipped drag link for $120, but the reviews say that it basically the same weight/robustness of a stock drag link.

Appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2020, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts

Yes, you can reuse your drag-link. You’re just going to rotate your drag-link end 180* (to mount it on the top of the knuckle) then adjust your drag-link sleeve to recenter we your steering wheel.

Just to add to this, if you’re running a lift with larger tires, you may want to consider upgrading your tie rod and drag link anyways to at least a 1-ton setup. Your stock components won’t last long with the larger tires if you do any wheeling.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:31 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

If you can find a RHD DL end for that cheap, there's nothing wrong with using it. Most of the time trying to find one of those is not any cheaper than buying a brand new aftermarket DL.

Quick Reply: Quick drag link flip question (using stock RH drive drag link)