Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention

Old 10-18-2013, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iblowstuffup
I hope everything is ok. It's my daily driver so I hope warrantee is fast!
Keep us posted!

I have mine still up for sale, $3500 obo with intercooler and complete kit! Tuner and custom tune written specifically for the intercooler!
Old 10-20-2013, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wondered how long it would take before this started.

I tried to get the word out, but everybody on the bandwagon was unwilling to listen. Sorry for everybody's loss of time and money, hope it all works out for you.

Meanwhile, I am still driving just fine in my un modified 3.8... Still rock solid even with 80,000 miles... A little slow with the 35's, but reliable!
Old 10-20-2013, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
Keep us posted! I have mine still up for sale, $3500 obo with intercooler and complete kit! Tuner and custom tune written specifically for the intercooler!
hey u from bcjc I want ur supercharger just not yet lol
Old 10-20-2013, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

I've got no issues so far. Just changed my oil in the sc and it was a little brown compared to the honey color of fresh oil. Waiting on an intercooler release. I think better gas mileage can be had when extra gas is not being used for engine cooling.

Since this same sc model is used on several platforms aside feom the JK, I felt comfortable in selection at first. I really want to hear status on the guy whose sc "blew up" though. His username is very ironic. Best wishes on fixing it quickly.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeep_creep88
hey u from bcjc I want ur supercharger just not yet lol
Pm sent to you
Old 10-20-2013, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by demtek9
I've got no issues so far. Just changed my oil in the sc and it was a little brown compared to the honey color of fresh oil. Waiting on an intercooler release. I think better gas mileage can be had when extra gas is not being used for engine cooling.

Since this same sc model is used on several platforms aside feom the JK, I felt comfortable in selection at first. I really want to hear status on the guy whose sc "blew up" though. His username is very ironic. Best wishes on fixing it quickly.
Can you assemble a list of other platforms the S5310 S/C is being used? Are they successful in those markets?
I know the S5210 based kit for the MINI cooper S, has proven to be an utter failure... They have something like a 10% success rate! :(

Maybe the same thing is happening here and you are the 10%?
Old 10-20-2013, 08:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by D!CKS GARAGE

Can you assemble a list of other platforms the S5310 S/C is being used? Are they successful in those markets?
I know the S5210 based kit for the MINI cooper S, has proven to be an utter failure... They have something like a 10% success rate! :(

Maybe the same thing is happening here and you are the 10%?
Well hopefully I remain unaffected by some of these reported issues. I was just giving my reason for initially buying the sprintex brand ...not to promote them. I did have really bad tuning issues with my unit at first with the Diablo tuner. I think that the hypertech tune uses more gas to cool the intake down but that is only speculation based on my mpgs. I have a cold intake, aka snorkel, which I thinks help me uniquely from some of the other guys and I've said that before. Here in Colorado Springs it doesn't get as hot and humid as other places. I might have a different experience if I lived in Arizona.

I'm not here to defend the brand or the company. I'd like to hear who else has issues too. Other owners have pm'ed me and discussed our experience...mostly tuning issues. You are welcome to as well as long as it's respectfull. This is the first total mechanical failure that I've seen reported on the JK. I think most of us are interested in what happens.

As to compiling a list of where this model is used....
Sorry I can't be of more help in your data gathering but I don't have the time or desire. If I do have issues with my unit I'll report it here for sure. My warranty is up soon. I've got somewhere between 8 to 10k miles so far. I hope to high heaven to get 100k out of mine but only time will tell.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

New supercharger is in its way! It will be here Tuesday! It runs just fine with the stock belt bypassing the compressor. Just a word of caution: I still heard the horrible grinding of rocks when I bypassed the compressor. So I freaked out and wondered if something on the top of the engine had gone (valve?). But I realized under load the compressor turns pretty fast by the air being sucked into the engine even with no belt attached.

Yes, I realize my user name is a little ironic at this point. That's all I have to say about that. Maybe I made the username right after my supercharger blew up?

Sprintex has been great so far. They are sending me a new compressor and I will return the bad one to them when i swap them out. Sprintex says there's a batch of bad seals. Mine is blowing a lot of oil so I figured a bad seal sounds about right.

Just forget about my username.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Iblowstuffup
New supercharger is in its way! It will be here Tuesday! It runs just fine with the stock belt bypassing the compressor. Just a word of caution: I still heard the horrible grinding of rocks when I bypassed the compressor. So I freaked out and wondered if something on the top of the engine had gone (valve?). But I realized under load the compressor turns pretty fast by the air being sucked into the engine even with no belt attached.

Yes, I realize my user name is a little ironic at this point. That's all I have to say about that. Maybe I made the username right after my supercharger blew up?

Sprintex has been great so far. They are sending me a new compressor and I will return the bad one to them when i swap them out. Sprintex says there's a batch of bad seals. Mine is blowing a lot of oil so I figured a bad seal sounds about right.

Just forget about my username.
Are they sending just the supercharger or the entire upper manifold? If it is just the supercharger. you will have to pull the upper manifold off. When you change the compressor put a very thin film of sealant around the mating surfaces to ensure that you have a tight seal also use thread locker on all the hex bolts. If you have any questions feel free to PM me
Old 10-30-2013, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by So-Cal4x4
Are they sending just the supercharger or the entire upper manifold? If it is just the supercharger. you will have to pull the upper manifold off. When you change the compressor put a very thin film of sealant around the mating surfaces to ensure that you have a tight seal also use thread locker on all the hex bolts. If you have any questions feel free to PM me
They sent the entire supercharger.
I swapped it out and it works great! In fact, it's way better than my old one even when it was new. It's much quieter, smoother and it makes noticeably more power. I think I had a bum supercharger from the start! This one is definitely a big improvement.

Quick Reply: JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention