Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention

Old 03-11-2014, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Results are in. The base tune from jon was actually pretty good ( a/f was a little rich ). 10.9/1. With iat placement they only played with the existing tune, Fuel trim and timing. Found some knock up top and we were able to smooth it out completely. Final power was 170rwhp and 225rw/tq. Torque came in nice and low and stayed steady across the rpm band. Totally forgot my dyno sheet on the dyno table. Hopefully they dont throw it out lol. Torque started to peak around 2700rpm if i remember correctly. No these numbers arent ripp numbers, but sprintex has never advertised big peak numbers. Power is low and in the drivability range. With the possibility of adding ripp longtubes soon, im expecting close to 200whp next time around. Note*. We were unable to tap into the boost again. We thought we could this time but decided not to bother. With the snorkel and intercooler i would guess 5psi peak.
Between the runs we weren't really allowing any cool down besides playing with the tuning. So these numbers are slightly lower than they could be. But overall im happy. Great power curve and awesome stop n go drivability

Last edited by courtsm3; 03-11-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by courtsm3
Results are in. The base tune from jon was actually pretty good ( a/f was a little rich ). 10.9/1. With iat placement they only played with the existing tune, Fuel trim and timing. Found some knock up top and we were able to smooth it out completely. Final power was 170rwhp and 225rw/tq. Torque came in nice and low and stayed steady across the rpm band. Totally forgot my dyno sheet on the dyno table. Hopefully they dont throw it out lol. Torque started to peak around 2700rpm if i remember correctly. No these numbers arent ripp numbers, but sprintex has never advertised big peak numbers. Power is low and in the drivability range. With the possibility of adding ripp longtubes soon, im expecting close to 200whp next time around. Note*. We were unable to tap into the boost again. We thought we could this time but decided not to bother. With the snorkel and intercooler i would guess 5psi peak.
Between the runs we weren't really allowing any cool down besides playing with the tuning. So these numbers are slightly lower than they could be. But overall im happy. Great power curve and awesome stop n go drivability
I have a gauge on mine and I have seen up to 7.8 PSI... but normal driving it is between 1 and 2.3
Old 03-11-2014, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by So-Cal4x4
I have a gauge on mine and I have seen up to 7.8 PSI... but normal driving it is between 1 and 2.3
Ya i was thinking about adding one. Just no need for me. Jeep runs smooth and has good power. Im content finally.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by courtsm3
Ya i was thinking about adding one. Just no need for me. Jeep runs smooth and has good power. Im content finally.
We are running a boost and an AFR gauge... I am a bit rich on the top end on the Diablo but the Hypertech is spot on
Old 03-17-2014, 12:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by So-Cal4x4
We are running a boost and an AFR gauge... I am a bit rich on the top end on the Diablo but the Hypertech is spot on
Whats your mpg at? I had a tune done and it drives much smoother and no knock but the past week my mileage is like 10-13mpg. I reset my trip computer and did a 2 hour highway drive....13mpg driving nicely. Lost 1-2mpg. Lost about 5-7mpg since the install. Got a new job that pays less but i drive farther. Cant afford to feed low mpg and expensive canadian premium fuel. Otherwise shes got great power and spins my 35's easily.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:49 AM
JK Freak

Probably wont be able to sell it. I will bite the bullet with the sprintex. Dont get me wrong, great supercharger with lots of low end power (225rwtq at 2500rpm on a hot pass ). Just expect your mpg to fall.

Did an oil change on it today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-606562823.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	540172

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1458737440.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	540174
Old 03-25-2014, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you could go back now would you not buy the supercharger? I just bought one and am hearing so much bad about it. I do have a window that I can return it in.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barno92
If you could go back now would you not buy the supercharger? I just bought one and am hearing so much bad about it. I do have a window that I can return it in.

Send it back and buy RIPP. They have already gone through all of the "Tune" and "Intercooler" issues that Sprintex is going through now.

IMHO
Old 03-25-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PhxRainey
Send it back and buy RIPP. They have already gone through all of the "Tune" and "Intercooler" issues that Sprintex is going through now. IMHO
So the hypertech tuning is not working? I shopped around quite a bit. RIPP sells a supercharger without an intercooler so I'm not sure why the sprintex keeps getting bashed for not having one.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

So the hypertech tuning is not working? I shopped around quite a bit. RIPP sells a supercharger without an intercooler so I'm not sure why the sprintex keeps getting bashed for not having one.[/QUOTE]

I know they "OFFER" one without an intercooler but I have yet to see one without it. (I can say I have seen at least 25 installs)

I have personally installed 2 in my home garage (no I am not a mechanic and have no connection to RIPP) both units were installed, sent the OEM tune to RIPP, uploaded the supplied tune and the Jeeps started and ran great both times.

It is funny. If you go back and look at RIPP posts from 2009+/- you hear all the same stuff (Tune issues, intercooler issues) Now I cannot remember the last time I saw a post about issues with RIPP.

Quick Reply: JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention