Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention

Old 03-03-2015, 03:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by demtek9
I'm kind of interested in the dyno results. What were your numbers?
I dont have the sheets on me,

but with 4.88 ratios, and 35's I'm getting 132KW rear wheel up from 98Kw pre S-charger.

sprintex has some silly perforated mesh covers restricting airflow inside the inter-cooler that they call noise suppressors. I'm thinking these slow the airflow down in the blower enough to heat the air back up that was just cooled by the IC. Also the super charger unit from sprintex is so small that i think the new 47mm pulley is too much boost for the unit and it can't make the boost efficiently and cool enough even with the IC. So i'm going to try a 50mm pulley with the noise suppressors out, and re-tune. Hope to get another 10KW.

This being said, my Jk on 35's with the sprintex is quicker than another JK i know with 35's (he has auto, i have manual, same gear ratio) and he has the magnusun kit.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Uneek 4x4
So a month ago I fit the Sprintex intercooler kit on my 3.8. Had a dyno run before and after. Guess how much extra power after 3 hours of tunning? 0. Yep zero. There are a few hardware bits I'm going to change with their kit then try again. That being said my tunning bloke found a way to almost completely remove the surging problem and my mpg is now almost back to where it was pre blower.
Hmm, maybe the engine was already in poor condition?
I have no special gauge to measure the acceleration of 0-100 km / h, I used the old way athletes - stopwatch. So, 0-100 km / h in 9 seconds. During the test the wind was against. And my Wrangler has a heavy ARB bumpers and 32 inches wheels... Now I don' t have any issues, run 93 octane and all.

And... Thanks Jon again for your job.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:35 AM
JK Newbie

By the way, I want a little pulley for supercharger, because I think that it should compensate for the loss in the boost intercooler...
Old 03-03-2015, 04:46 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Uneek 4x4
So a month ago I fit the Sprintex intercooler kit on my 3.8. Had a dyno run before and after. Guess how much extra power after 3 hours of tunning? 0. Yep zero. There are a few hardware bits I'm going to change with their kit then try again. That being said my tunning bloke found a way to almost completely remove the surging problem and my mpg is now almost back to where it was pre blower.
I just don't see how this is possible. The intercooler comes with a smaller pulley that will increase boost and in turn make more power right there. Add in and cooling effect and the added timing from a tune and you should see 30+ HP gains.

Even with the base kit for every degree of timing we would add I would see a 7-10 HP increase in power.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rpmextreme
The intercooler comes with a smaller pulley that will increase boost and in turn make more power right there. Add in and cooling effect and the added timing from a tune and you should see 30+ HP gains.

Even with the base kit for every degree of timing we would add I would see a 7-10 HP increase in power.
Sir, can I buy this small pulley and new drive belt?
Old 03-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Owidij
Sir, can I buy this small pulley and new drive belt?
its not advisable without an intercooler.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rpmextreme
its not advisable without an intercooler.
I have intercooler...
Click image for larger version

Name:	20092014937.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	599615

Last edited by Owidij; 03-03-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default catch can

[QUOTE=rpmextreme;4055336]Sorry to hear that some of you guys are having issues. Im very limited as to what I can do tuning wise at this point until Sprintex and Diablo come up with some more tuning options for the problem......

Hi Jon,

I have nearly all my knock issues resolved except under load in 4th gear and sometimes in 3rd. Its mild 1.5 to 2.5 degrees short term. I also get some oil build up in the manifold from the PCV valve I guess. I was thinking that under load when it cant swallow all the air and cylinder pressures are high that it might be getting a lot of oil vapor shoved down its neck and that is causing the knock? So I was going to try a catch can or swapping out the pcv valve.

Worth it ?
Old 03-04-2015, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SAJK
I have nearly all my knock issues resolved except under load in 4th gear and sometimes in 3rd. Its mild 1.5 to 2.5 degrees short term. I also get some oil build up in the manifold from the PCV valve I guess. I was thinking that under load when it cant swallow all the air and cylinder pressures are high that it might be getting a lot of oil vapor shoved down its neck and that is causing the knock? So I was going to try a catch can or swapping out the pcv valve.

Worth it ?
Had a some oil build up in the manifold? Check the supercharger oil level. I had a leak oil, I replaced the oil and leak stopped. And one more question please. What kind of spark plugs type are you running? May be incorrect type is the reason of the knocking?
Old 03-04-2015, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Default Knock

Originally Posted by Owidij
Had a some oil build up in the manifold? Check the supercharger oil level. I had a leak oil, I replaced the oil and leak stopped. And one more question please. What kind of spark plugs type are you running? May be incorrect type is the reason of the knocking?
Am on stock plugs. Oil does not appear to be from the gear case as this has a particular smell. Keep the gear case topped up as it uses a little bit between oil changes. What plugs are you running?

Quick Reply: JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention