Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention

Old 03-05-2015, 03:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SAJK
What plugs are you running?
I am using RE14PLP5.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Default plugs

Originally Posted by Owidij
I am using RE14PLP5.
Far as I know that is the stock plug?
Old 03-05-2015, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SAJK
Far as I know that is the stock plug?
Yes. That' s right.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Installing my Spintex Supercharger with intercooler tomorrow and am curious if the silencer plates are needed or can they be left out?
Old 05-16-2015, 01:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKXTREME
Installing my Spintex Supercharger with intercooler tomorrow and am curious if the silencer plates are needed or can they be left out?
what you mean are these the silencer plates? where these located?
Old 05-16-2015, 06:04 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JKXTREME
we have run them both ways. I think you may see a little more boost with the plates out.

They are little mesh plates that install in the U shaped tube
Old 08-11-2015, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default No power

So, I've had my SC on for a few years now. It has around 30k miles on it. I'm not sure if the problems I'm having are SC related. I have lost almost all low end power. If I'm at a complete stop on a hill, I can barely get going. NO power! I can drive downtown because I'll get stuck on a hill.
It's a 2008 with 120K on it. I've recently replaced a cracked manifold and Cats (magnaflow). I have an maganaflow ehxaust, 35's on 3.73s. Diablo tune.

My wife did fill it with 87 octane and run a half a tank through it with a really bad knock. The knock is moslty gone now. It's always had a slight knock under heavy load with the SC.
I service the SC every 8k miles. It seems to go through a lot of oil.

This is my daily driver and I don't have a lot of time to spend on it. Not to mention, I'm moving accross the state in a week and don't know if the Jeep will make it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by deli152; 08-11-2015 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by deli152
So, I've had my SC on for a few years now. It has around 30k miles on it. I'm not sure if the problems I'm having are SC related. I have lost almost all low end power. If I'm at a complete stop on a hill, I can barely get going. NO power! I can drive downtown because I'll get stuck on a hill.
It's a 2008 with 120K on it. I've recently replaced a cracked manifold and Cats (magnaflow). I have an maganaflow ehxaust, 35's on 3.73s. Diablo tune.

My wife did fill it with 87 octane and run a half a tank through it with a really bad knock. The knock is moslty gone now. It's always had a slight knock under heavy load with the SC.
I service the SC every 8k miles. It seems to go through a lot of oil.

This is my daily driver and I don't have a lot of time to spend on it. Not to mention, I'm moving accross the state in a week and don't know if the Jeep will make it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Take off the supercharger belt and put the original belt back on. Also check spark plugs. Mine had cracks in the porcelain and needed replacing after running for a while. I could tell power was not good so I checked plugs and found the cracks. Unfortunately this past winter on a really cold morning my supercharger locked up. Now it needs rebuilding. I am guessing it was low on oil as it used a lot of oil too. It's been off since January and not sure if I want to rebuild it. Before I took the supercharger off I ran it a couple weeks with the original belt on it and it ran fine. As long as you're not running boost through the engine you can run 87 octane gas. Good luck with your move.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nd4Spd27
Take off the supercharger belt and put the original belt back on. Also check spark plugs. Mine had cracks in the porcelain and needed replacing after running for a while. I could tell power was not good so I checked plugs and found the cracks. Unfortunately this past winter on a really cold morning my supercharger locked up. Now it needs rebuilding. I am guessing it was low on oil as it used a lot of oil too. It's been off since January and not sure if I want to rebuild it. Before I took the supercharger off I ran it a couple weeks with the original belt on it and it ran fine. As long as you're not running boost through the engine you can run 87 octane gas. Good luck with your move.
Thanks, I'll give that try. Did you switch back to your original tune before you ran the stock belt or just leave it tuend for the SC?
Old 08-14-2015, 03:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by deli152

Thanks, I'll give that try. Did you switch back to your original tune before you ran the stock belt or just leave it tuend for the SC?
Leave it tuned for the sc.

Quick Reply: JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention