Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention

Old 08-14-2015, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention

If either of you two end up selling the supercharger I would be interested..how much do they cost to rebuild?
Old 08-14-2015, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scafootballpro5
If either of you two end up selling the supercharger I would be interested..how much do they cost to rebuild?
I inquired about rebuilding mine and was told it was gonna be 350 for labor and then the cost of parts. I am guessing about $800 total.

I would consider selling mine....how does $1500 sound?
Old 02-18-2016, 04:14 AM
JK Newbie

I know this thread is little old but anyone having issues on the 3.8 with the sprintex intercooled? I'm trying decide between sprintex or maguson to wake up my 3.8. I just like choose the one that is going be most effective in gaining safe horsepower with boost and be efficient. I have an automatic and heard there could be issues??
Old 02-18-2016, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Default All good but

Mine is going well with the intercooler HOWEVER. Be prepared to stump up for a tune from someone other than Sprintex. You may be lucky but I have had much much better results with regard to power and drive-ability by using diablotoona.

Diablotoona

This will cost you some more but for me and I know for others with other brands of blower a custom tune makes a huge difference. The sprintex hardware is very good if not the best engineered. While probably does not have the ultimate top end perfornance of the RIPP is works where it counts for a jeep. Down low and in the mid range. Not that it is too shabby.

To give you an example (I am at 6800 feet about sea level so I am down 20% HP ) my 5.7 Hemi Commander did 0-60 in 9.8 seconds and 500 Feet. Same road 15 mins later my Sprintex 3.8 did it in 10.2 and 540 feet. Both timed by my Trinity.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone using maguson sc and how is it compared sprintex?

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 01-10-2018, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke to Sprintex last night. After doing a lot of research, I'm going with their stage 2. I was on the phone with them for 30 minutes and was very impressed with their knowledge. I'll hopefully be installing it by the end of the month.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I installed the Sprintex non-inter-cooler Supercharger and took it to the dyno. The dyno tech said it was running dangerously lean to the point it could burn holes in my pistons. To top it off it was only producing 160hp with 170 torque (less thanstock). I contacted Sprintex who intern provided a new custom tune based off my pcm backup, their initial tune, and the DataViewer data I provided them. This produced an ETC error at full throttle which shutdown the control until I came to a full stop and recycled the ignition. I have sent the DataViewer I was recording during the incident to Sprintex.

My questions for the group is, should I continue working with Sprintex? or just go back to the performance shop where I had it dyno'd and let them reprogram the PCM and dump Diablosport i3 and Sprintex custom tune? as costly as it is I am leaning toward the later.

Current MODs:
Snorkel
Short headers
CAT back exhaust
Sprintex Non-inter-cool Supercharger
Diablo i3 SP3000 Sprintex tune
35x12.50x15 tires
4.88 gears
Six speed
standard spark plugs gapped to Sprintex standard

Last edited by rfrogman; 11-18-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default Get a custom tu e

Originally Posted by rfrogman
So I installed the Sprintex non-inter-cooler Supercharger and took it to the dyno. The dyno tech said it was running dangerously lean to the point it could burn holes in my pistons. To top it off it was only producing 160hp with 170 torque (less thanstock). I contacted Sprintex who intern provided a new custom tune based off my pcm backup, their initial tune, and the DataViewer data I provided them. This produced an ETC error at full throttle which shutdown the control until I came to a full stop and recycled the ignition. I have sent the DataViewer I was recording during the incident to Sprintex.

My questions for the group is, should I continue working with Sprintex? or just go back to the performance shop where I had it dyno'd and let them reprogram the PCM and dump Diablosport i3 and Sprintex custom tune? as costly as it is I am leaning toward the later.

Current MODs:
Snorkel
Short headers
CAT back exhaust
35x12.50x15 tires
4.88 gears
Six speed

Contact Johan. Google diablotoona. He will fix it for you by modifying your base with diablosports cmr software and using the i3 to load it. The process happens via email.

He is a very well know and respected tuner and has done lots of blowers on JKs. That's how I got mine sorted. 3 8 I assume? If you go with Johan you should probably add a wideband O2 sensor so you can get proper AFR ratios.

​http://www.diablotoona.com/tablet/index.html​​​​​​
Old 11-19-2018, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rfrogman

Current MODs:
Snorkel
Short headers
CAT back exhaust
35x12.50x15 tires
4.88 gears
Six speed
I thought I replied but I don't see it. Try contacting diablotoona. Google him. He sorted my 3.8 sprintex properly. One of the most respected Chrysler tuners. Ex diablosport r&d. Done via email and will use your in tune to load tunes. Or if you rate your guy get it done on the dyno but make sure you get AFR numbers. Oh if you use Johan (diablotoona) you should invest in a wideband O2 sensor.

Last edited by JEEPCOMMANDER; 11-19-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JEEPCOMMANDER
I thought I replied but I don't see it. Try contacting diablotoona. Google him. He sorted my 3.8 sprintex properly. One of the most respected Chrysler tuners. Ex diablosport r&d. Done via email and will use your in tune to load tunes. Or if you rate your guy get it done on the dyno but make sure you get AFR numbers. Oh if you use Johan (diablotoona) you should invest in a wideband O2 sensor.
Thank you for your response. Funny, I just purchased the AEM 30-0300 AFR. I'll reach out to Johan @ Diablotoona.

Quick Reply: JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention