Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JK transmission bushing replacement fit

Old 07-13-2018, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JK transmission bushing replacement fit

OK, second try. We had the "stuck shifter/stuck in park/reverse" issue and found it to be the bushing at the transmission end. In the 2010 the pin is pointed downward, so when the bushing fails the cable drops down and gets disconnected. I had no success finding the replacement part for the bushing, other than some ebay site. It seems the more common issue is at the shifter end or at the transfer case. Anyway, it seems some have had success with Dorman 14055 so I gave it a try, got it in with some work and it even matched the old fragmented piece, so the fit was good. It snapped in place and everything seems good. The only issue is that I can disconnect it from the pin with very little force from my finger. Is this supposed to be a tight fit? I don't think it will vibrate off but it doesn't seem tight enough for me. Has anyone else attempted to replace just the bushing and how was the fit? I'd consider ordering the correct bushing (if I can figure out the part number) and give it another try. thanks.

Quick Reply: JK transmission bushing replacement fit