Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JKRU How to lift? Bought OME Springs on forum now what?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKRU How to lift? Bought OME Springs on forum now what?

I have a 07' JKU Rubi, I have cut the fenders and have 315/MTZ on a 18" rim on it now with stock suspension. I want to lift so I can take on some trails at KS Rocks Park. I purchased a set of 2 " OME front and rear HD springs from a forum member here and want to know my next step. I obviously am trying to go with a best value (not cheapest) arrangment. I'm thinking of ordering the matching OME shocks. Some people have told me to go bilstein? Which is better. I only have 7000 miles on my JK is there any truth to just doing the springs and waiting till the stock rubi shocks die? with it being a rubicon do I need to do anything else to start off? track bar? cntrl arms etc? stick with ome or frankenlift? any help is appreciated

Jeremy

Old 10-03-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum Well Jeremy I would get the longer links for the front From teraflex and run your stock shocks till there gone.you do not need anything else.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stock shocks will be a bit too short, but I agree - run them to failure.

What most kits come with are 4 springs, new swaybar links, shocks and track bar relocation mounts for the front/rear. Some have brake line lengtheners.

In your case, I'd put the springs in and run it - see how it goes and add on as needed.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:48 PM
JK Newbie

I'd throw on some
Bilestien (sorry about spelling) shocks, jks front sway bar links move the stock front links to the rear. And enjoy.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Steeperjeeper
I'd throw on some
Bilestien (sorry about spelling) shocks, jks front sway bar links move the stock front links to the rear. And enjoy.
the sway bar links are like these "Pair PN 2943" JKS Manufacturing: Swaybar Components
Old 10-04-2012, 03:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SiliconTi
Stock shocks will be a bit too short, but I agree - run them to failure.

What most kits come with are 4 springs, new swaybar links, shocks and track bar relocation mounts for the front/rear. Some have brake line lengtheners.

In your case, I'd put the springs in and run it - see how it goes and add on as needed.
What would make me need the relocation mounts?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sax911
the sway bar links are like these "Pair PN 2943" JKS Manufacturing: Swaybar Components
Quoting on my on quotes here..... The 2943 on morris says not for rubicon model??????????

Quick Reply: JKRU How to lift? Bought OME Springs on forum now what?