Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JKU Hitch upgrade

Old 12-18-2016, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKU Hitch upgrade

hello boys & girls,

I am looking for an upgrade to my stock receiver hitch. its currently rated for 350lb tongue weight. I am looking for a custom or production receiver hitch that can handle carrying my snowblower (approx 300lbs) + rack with peace of mind. Please note, i am not asking for a receiver that will tow more i understand the ratings are what they are. But i do believe the jeep is capable of a tongue weight closer to 500lbs. All input is appreciated!

Thanks

Kyle
Old 12-18-2016, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

It's all about what is safe to haul for the vehicle which cant be changed, not necessarily the hitch itself, wheelbase and frame strength are the two major contributors for the max weight allowance created by Jeep and any other company
Old 12-18-2016, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

I've got the versahitch and cargo rack from quadratec. The rack is rated for 300lbs I believe that's pretty standard. The good thing is there are two points of contact. I've loaded a wood chipper maybe 200lbs it was fine, put 300lbs of pea gravel in bags rear end squats a little. You might be better off getting a small utility trailer.

Quick Reply: JKU Hitch upgrade