Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PS Crusher flare question + other brands to consider?

Old 10-18-2017, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default PS Crusher flare question + other brands to consider?

I'd like to get a real set of fender flares soon and I'm fairly partial to Poison Spyder. I like the look of the narrow front flares but for some reason only see the rear flares for sale in a wide or standard configuration. Is there no narrow version for the rear? Is it going to look odd with narrow fronts and standard rear flares??

The second part is what other setups do you guys recommend? While I like PS, their prices are definitely higher than I would prefer to be paying currently, especially if I can get a similar look/quality from another brand.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AXIS
I'd like to get a real set of fender flares soon and I'm fairly partial to Poison Spyder. I like the look of the narrow front flares but for some reason only see the rear flares for sale in a wide or standard configuration. Is there no narrow version for the rear? Is it going to look odd with narrow fronts and standard rear flares??

The second part is what other setups do you guys recommend? While I like PS, their prices are definitely higher than I would prefer to be paying currently, especially if I can get a similar look/quality from another brand.
PS sold out. their quality has taken a slight decline just fyi. Metalcloak fenders get rave reviews. Crawler Coceptz do as well (But i won't personally buy anything from them again after some poor customer service. see dirty laundry). Evo mfg just started putting out a JK fender as well.

then you have a bunch of cheap chinese stuff and your mileage may vary.

good luck.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Fenders makes life more interesting.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

If you wheel, I'd stick with a quality company. PSC (y, they sold out, but it's still a good product), EVO, Metalcloak, GenRight, and Cralwer Conceptz. I only have a CC skinny rear bumper and have not had a customer service issue myself, but I have heard things in general. I'd only consider cheap Chinese knock offs if you never leave the pavement and just want the looks. This is one of those things you get what you pay for in both fitment, finish, and sturdiness (ie....if you're bumping in to rocks and trees occasionally).

If your state allows it, fenderless is an option too...and a much cheaper one. I've been fenderless for 18 months or so and love it. I like the look, and I love not having to worry about that crap on the trail.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im going with the bushwacker aluminum
Old 10-20-2017, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'll check out some other brands.
If I did go with the PS ones, is there no narrow rear? Do people just run a narrow front with standard rear? That seems odd.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the style of my JCR flares.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm running the Crawler Conceptz fenders and the design, fit and finish are great. Very solid and durable. I'm running the narrow fronts and standard rears, which actually are narrower than the fronts. They look very similar to Poison Spyder if that is the look you want, and are made in the USA.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I did go with the PS ones, is there no narrow rear? Do people just run a narrow front with standard rear? That seems odd.
I think the rear fenders are just as narrow as the backs of the front fenders. Meaning only the front (forward edge) fender is wider or narrower depending on the style you get.

Last edited by RacerAV; 10-21-2017 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Front narrows and rear standards. PSC designed the narrow fronts to be the same width as the standard rears... Lol makes no sense right? But the narrow fronts and standard rears are the same width while the standard fronts would be a little wider than the standard rears. I've had these fenders on since June and love them. Biggest pain in the butt to install but once on there they've been great, I can stand on them and jump on them and not a problem, even banged them into a rock and tree or two and not even a dent. Just scratched up my rattle can paint a bit

Quick Reply: PS Crusher flare question + other brands to consider?