Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JKU rear seat captian's chairs

Old 11-01-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKU rear seat captian's chairs

Has anyone here thought about putting two front seats in the rear on a JkU. I've always liked the captain's chairs better than a bench seat. I wonder if this is possible? Has anyone seen this? If anyone has pics post em up!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

Check out this thread here

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-a...-seats-191495/
Old 11-01-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like quiet a job...
Old 11-01-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not very difficult at all. I didn't use a set of front buckets, but there wouldn't have been much difference. It was an afternoon project, the key was using the mastercraft brackets to get it started.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...5/#post3256025

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2217079285.jpg
Views:	3006
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	384475Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1096050210.jpg
Views:	2900
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	384476Click image for larger version

Name:	image-280143964.jpg
Views:	1592
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	384477
Old 11-01-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

That looks Awesome.. would love to do that with mine
Old 11-02-2012, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have two boys over 6ft tall and I wanted to spend more time as a family camping with the jeep. I tilted the bench back but it still sucked. We were headed to Colorado last year for a week of trail riding and camping (17 hour drive) so I had to do something different.

I found some seats out of a salvaged 2011 that the salvage yard could sell because the fabric was torn and dirty. I got them for almost nothing. They even had heaters! I welded up a bracket that would make use of the stock mounting holes and bolted the seats to the frame. I mounted them as close together as I could so they would fit between the wheel wells when they were slid all the way back. That gave the kids about 8 inches of extra room. It was actually more comfortable in the back than in the front!

I had leather seats up front and torn, dirty, faded seats in the back. Not pretty. I called Mitch at trek armor and had some seat covers made in black with tan stitching. Now they look freaking awesome. This set up looks factory and the covers are unbelievable! The seats will slid forward for more storage or back for leg room. They recline when you need a little down time and with the seat covers, they look fantastic.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Excellent job!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dlampe
I have two boys over 6ft tall and I wanted to spend more time as a family camping with the jeep. I tilted the bench back but it still sucked. We were headed to Colorado last year for a week of trail riding and camping (17 hour drive) so I had to do something different.

I found some seats out of a salvaged 2011 that the salvage yard could sell because the fabric was torn and dirty. I got them for almost nothing. They even had heaters! I welded up a bracket that would make use of the stock mounting holes and bolted the seats to the frame. I mounted them as close together as I could so they would fit between the wheel wells when they were slid all the way back. That gave the kids about 8 inches of extra room. It was actually more comfortable in the back than in the front!

I had leather seats up front and torn, dirty, faded seats in the back. Not pretty. I called Mitch at trek armor and had some seat covers made in black with tan stitching. Now they look freaking awesome. This set up looks factory and the covers are unbelievable! The seats will slid forward for more storage or back for leg room. They recline when you need a little down time and with the seat covers, they look fantastic.
No pics?

10 characters
Old 11-02-2012, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jktough
Has anyone here thought about putting two front seats in the rear on a JkU. I've always liked the captain's chairs better than a bench seat. I wonder if this is possible? Has anyone seen this? If anyone has pics post em up!
This is something I have thought about doing for quite a while as well.

Where would you guys recommend trying to find a set of used seats to buy.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eric5371
This is something I have thought about doing for quite a while as well.

Where would you guys recommend trying to find a set of used seats to buy.
i have my front driver and passenger sitting in my garage...

Quick Reply: JKU rear seat captian's chairs