Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JKU rubi springs on JK rubi

Old 10-27-2016, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKU rubi springs on JK rubi

I have a 2 door JK rubi and found a good deal on some JKU rubi springs and shocks. Anybody know how much lift can expect from this spring upgrade? Also.. I would consider my jk pretty light, soft top, aluminum rear bumper, PS bfh front bumper.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe 3/4 of an inch to 1-1/4 inches, as long as you are OK with a little extra stiffness in ride quality.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
Maybe 3/4 of an inch to 1-1/4 inches, as long as you are OK with a little extra stiffness in ride quality.
Hmmm.... I was hoping for closer to 2 inches.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by YukonBlu
Hmmm.... I was hoping for closer to 2 inches.
That's what she said.

AAAAAANYWAY................

You'd be better off getting a budget boost instead, if cost is your concern. You'll appreciate the ride better by keeping your stock springs. Get a Teraflex leveling kit for less than $175 and you'll gain about 1.5".

If you're looking for any kind of off road performance improvement, this won't get you much but a little extra belly clearance.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Well I did this swap on my two door and got 1.5 inches. I loaded her down with a bunch of steel and she still sits level with a stock Rubicon. Best part. It cost me $40. So, if you are getting the springs for free or very cheap it may be worth it. It really depends on the spring numbers. You have to compare the numbers you currently have to the numbers on the ones you are looking at. In the end I am very happy I did it. If you don't know what I'm talking about with the spring numbers just search on here there are a ton of threads on this.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are the numbers on springs?

Quick Reply: JKU rubi springs on JK rubi