Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Teraflex 3" lift and 35" BFG KM2's

Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Teraflex 3" lift and 35" BFG KM2's

I did the install myself, took about 8 hours total, two trips to the parts store to get the correct spring compressors (you will need them). Everything went smoothly, i started with the back like the instructions say and had the backend done in about 2-3 hours. Then i started on the front and everything was going great until it came time to install the springs. 3" longer springs are just too long to get in there without a compressor. I added an adjustable trackbar to the front and now that i've got the tires on i noticed that i need to readjust the trackbar. The front axle is shifted over to the driver's side by about an inch. I plan on doing my own alignment next.

The tires are just incredible looking. These are the Beefiest tires i've ever had. The pictures just don't do them justice. They are fairly quiet and smooth when you get up to speed but are a little bumpy when going less than 5mph.

Specs: stock my jeep sat at 36" to bottom of the fender in the rear and 35" to the bottom of the fender in the front. After lift and tires in now sits at 42" and 42". It is totally level now and i'm really jazzed.

Next on the list: a programmer, new gears, and a tire carrier that can hold a 35" tire.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0200.JPG
Views:	2231
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	19785   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0201.JPG
Views:	4583
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	19786  
Old 02-24-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default The front adjustables

What angle do they fix?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vogeljk
What angle do they fix?
the angle of the dangle!

here is some click frees:

Your Jeep looks great!!! I love my 3" teraflex! Nice Jeep.

Here is what mine looks like. The 3" lift somehow gave me like 5" in the front and just over 4 in the back. I am 6'1" tall and now have to pull myself up into it.

Last edited by bigbluejk; 02-24-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks real good!! I have the same wheels (on the way)but will have to stick with the 32s until they are worn out unfortunately.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vogeljk
I did the install myself, took about 8 hours total, two trips to the parts store to get the correct spring compressors (you will need them). Everything went smoothly, i started with the back like the instructions say and had the backend done in about 2-3 hours. Then i started on the front and everything was going great until it came time to install the springs. 3" longer springs are just too long to get in there without a compressor. I added an adjustable trackbar to the front and now that i've got the tires on i noticed that i need to readjust the trackbar. The front axle is shifted over to the driver's side by about an inch. I plan on doing my own alignment next.

The tires are just incredible looking. These are the Beefiest tires i've ever had. The pictures just don't do them justice. They are fairly quiet and smooth when you get up to speed but are a little bumpy when going less than 5mph.

Specs: stock my jeep sat at 36" to bottom of the fender in the rear and 35" to the bottom of the fender in the front. After lift and tires in now sits at 42" and 42". It is totally level now and i'm really jazzed.

Next on the list: a programmer, new gears, and a tire carrier that can hold a 35" tire.

Looks Great! I installed the 4" Teraflex, and was able to easily install the springs by leaving the stops unbolted until after inserting the springs. Again, your Jeep looks Great!

Last edited by Torch; 02-25-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Default Now i need steps

Yeah, i have the same problem. I have young ones that now struggle or need help getting in. I'm thinking about the Highrock 4x4 Slider Steps.

Thanks for the kudos everyone.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great!!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

nice!

hope you put the kid to work too and not just let sit in there.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good
Old 02-25-2009, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Looks good.

Quick Reply: Just installed Teraflex 3" lift and 35" BFG KM2's