JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Kargomaster CongoCage Fairing Help (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/kargomaster-congocage-fairing-help-63505/)

jkny 12-02-2008 07:57 AM

Kargomaster CongoCage Fairing Help

So I just installed a Congo Cage on my 2 Door JK and I love everything about it except.....over 50 mph it sounds like i'm in a wind tunnel!!
anyone have a good solution to this noise?
i'm considering buying a yakima fairing or fabricating one myself but i'm just looking for some pointers before i jump into it. Thanks

wayoflife 12-02-2008 08:10 AM

if you can make it work or make one on your own, the fairing will help a lot as most of the wind noise comes from the basket.

paramaniac 12-02-2008 08:14 AM

I have been going back and forth with kargo master on this, in fact they have sent me a few prototypes, none of which are any better than without. Yakima and thule fairings don't fit. I suggest just waiting for kargo master to perfect theirs.

Just my 2cents

Octo 04-13-2009 01:51 PM

Any update on a fairling from KargoMaster?

I just put my CongoCage back onto my Jeep and had forgotten how loud it is.

fathomgreencamaro 04-14-2009 02:01 PM

Can you show a pic of it installed Planman? Thanks.

jayrav 04-14-2009 03:53 PM

Send your Congocage back and get a Camp Crocker Cargo Nack!:thumbsup:

jayrav 04-14-2009 03:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Forgot to add some pics::crazyeyes:

Attachment 22336

Attachment 22337

TheGeneral 04-19-2009 01:05 PM

alittle unrelated....

i just got one of these kargomaster things, and I am having a hell of a time installing the rear mounting brackets.....it seems that the bushings do not line up properly with the holes in the frame.

I called the support dude and he says he is able to do it no problem all the time....with a screw driver??

anyways, have any of you had any problems installing this, and / or do you have any tips for me to get these brackets installed? Basically, thats the only thing holding me back.

Thanks in advance!!

Lee

paramaniac 04-20-2009 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by TheGeneral (Post 1071642)
alittle unrelated....

i just got one of these kargomaster things, and I am having a hell of a time installing the rear mounting brackets.....it seems that the bushings do not line up properly with the holes in the frame.

I called the support dude and he says he is able to do it no problem all the time....with a screw driver??

anyways, have any of you had any problems installing this, and / or do you have any tips for me to get these brackets installed? Basically, thats the only thing holding me back.

Thanks in advance!!

Lee

i took the bolt for the rear bracket and put in in my power drill with a socket adapter and spun it slowly while i moved the bracket around until the bolt caught.

paramaniac 05-19-2009 02:35 PM

ive been working with cargo master to perfect the wind deflector for the JK. while i can say it makes a HUGE difference with the wind noise, especially with my 4-door. i dont have a pic of the prototype installed, i have removed the rack temporarily.

im curious as to what the final product will look like