Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

KC Lights & IPF

Old 02-20-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC Lights & IPF

Just received my KC 4-tab Light bar from Rompalicious.com. It came with no instructions, but they tracked down a .pdf copy for me within 1 hour of my request. (Ed: I'm not affiliated with them, I'm just very impressed with their service right now. If I've overstepped the rules, please let me know &/or delete the above).

Here's how I did the whole thing. Pardon my lack of appropriate terminology.

Step 1: remove the ends of the plastic covering the sides of the frame sticking forward toward the bumper. I just used a utility knife and was careful not to cut anything that wasn't supposed to be cut . . . myself, the paint, etc.
Before:

After:

Next, slide the light bar down into the two slots in the frame, just behind the bumper, that are visible when you look down the holes just cut.
View from both sides:

Finally, thread the 4 accompanying bolts through the holes visible in the frame (it's a bit tight, and you definitely need a relatively-short 1/2" wrench to grab the bolt). I threaded the nuts on the outside, so I wouldn't have to try to keep track of lock washers and bolts behind the frame opening where I could hardly fit a hand. It helps to turn the wheels for each side (so if you're working on the left side, turn the wheels all the way left to give yourself more space. If you're working on the right side, turn right).

Finally, add your lights:

I'll add wiring pics soon. I'm still waiting on delivery of my wiring harness.

--
Old 02-20-2008, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

how much is the lightbar? isn't that like $400 a piece or something?
Old 02-20-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that looks bad ass. i was thinking of getting one and doing a winch in the stock bumber but since the RR bumber can hold 4 lights and a winch, i decided to go that route instead. but thats a nice setup you got.

oh, and the light bar is $239.95 from the site... not bad.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Super Freak

now you can light up anything. looks good.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks

Thanks. I was a bit worried the lights were going to be ridiculously large, so I'm glad they fit & look alright. After all, with a Jeep, like so much else, bigger is better.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

How big of lights will this bar accept; I've got a set of Cibie Super Oscars (8.6" diameter) and wanted to see if they'll fit.

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:27 PM
JK Freak

Looks great! Couldn't you just get a bumper with a bar for a little over $100 more or do you just like the stock bumper better?

Quick Reply: KC Lights & IPF