JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   KM2 owners (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/km2-owners-295480/)

courtsm3 01-29-2014 04:59 PM

KM2 owners

Want to go from my current 35's to 37's. Found a set of 37 km2's locally and for cheap. How you guys like them? Mileage? Wear? I heard they are awesome off road. Thanks guys.

HornetJK 01-29-2014 05:08 PM

I've had my km2s for approx. 30k miles now. I've done a 5 tire rotation every 3k and I still have 3/4 tread.. My only complaint is they stink in the snow and rain because they aren't sipped. (Slits cut in the tread) They have been good but my next set will be Nitto trail grapplers or Tokyo open countries. They are pretty much the same tire. The km2s are a great off road tire but they are just an ok on road tire.

Cjsmith4 01-29-2014 05:16 PM

I've got the 35" km2s and love them. They work fine in the snow for me. And work great offroad!!

courtsm3 01-29-2014 06:02 PM

Ya the lack of siping does concern me a little but i dont drive hard enough to slid around. I dont get much for snow around here, but a decent amount of rain though. My toyo m/t have been good to me but they're way too heavy for 37's. The km2 37's are 78lbs and my 35 toyo's are 76lbs!

Smashboogie 4x4 01-29-2014 06:12 PM

We have run several sets of the KM2's on our rigs and love them. They last pretty well on the road and are very sticky on the rocks for a d.o.t. approved tire. I would certainly recommend picking them up if they are in good shape and for a good price.

v8zracer260z 01-29-2014 06:21 PM

I run 37" KM2's and they do great for my 2 dr! No problems in the rain and we get a lot here in Florida. Perform great off road too!

mikestoick 01-29-2014 07:03 PM

When it is said that km2s suck in snow, is that to say they slide on a thin layer of snow so they suck or that they cant go through deep deep drifts of snow. Always confused when people say "suck in snow," define "snow" i guess.

courtsm3 01-29-2014 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4 (Post 3823165)
We have run several sets of the KM2's on our rigs and love them. They last pretty well on the road and are very sticky on the rocks for a d.o.t. approved tire. I would certainly recommend picking them up if they are in good shape and for a good price.

They're brand new! Im for sure going to grab them. Blowout price too

sea bass 01-29-2014 07:21 PM

I'm on my 2nd set. Had 60k on my first set and still had plenty of tread left. Took a nail in the side wall and replaced them with a new set.

Yeah , snow is gonna be tough for any mud terrain tire with large lugs. Not talking about deep powder, but compact snow on the roads.

Never had any problem with mine though - but preferred my wrx on the compact stuff.

Bjl 01-29-2014 07:39 PM

Km2's are the best tire I've owned so far. Not a single problem on road and they excel off road as well. I will add that I commute on them as well and when it rains in Texas it pours and I've always been confident with em.