Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LIFT HELP!!! TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift with 2" Superlift Coil Spring Isolators???

Old 11-07-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LIFT HELP!!! TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift with 2" Superlift Coil Spring Isolators???

I just picked up a set of 2" Superlift Coil Spring Isolators with the extended bumpstops, got them free from a buddy who took them off his JK after he went to a 4" SL supension lift system.

I'm currently running the TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Spring lift with Shock Adapters. Can I add these Superlift Isolators and get another 2" of lift? In theory it should work, because the spring size remains the same wouldn't extend/compress, and the shocks would extend a bit, but would only limit extended travel but should still compress fine. The extended bump stops should keep the travel the same as with the ones on it currently, which would keep the shocks from overextending when off camber. I don't see any major issues with doing so, but don't have much experience with lifting suspension...

Does anyone know if they will work together? I'd love to get this extra 2" of lift on the rig.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Can you add 2" spacers on top of the coils? Yes
Will you have issues that need to be addressed? Yes

Caster adjustment, brake lines, axle centering, driveshaft angle, swaybar links...

Last edited by nthinuf; 11-07-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Quick Reply: LIFT HELP!!! TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift with 2" Superlift Coil Spring Isolators???