Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift + Sway-bar Disconnect = ?

Old 10-02-2006, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift + Sway-bar Disconnect = ?

Will putting on a lift affect the push-button sway-bar disconnect thingermajigee?:confused:
Old 10-02-2006, 11:46 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Geeze, I guess that might depend on how high of a lift you install. Anything more than 2" and you should be looking at installing new links and/or replacing the electronic discos.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

thats a real good question for sure... maybe somone could fire off an email to the lift companied with a 3"... **cough cough** way of life i'm looking at you **cough cough** :p
Old 10-02-2006, 08:14 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by bLITZ
thats a real good question for sure... maybe somone could fire off an email to the lift companied with a 3"... **cough cough** way of life i'm looking at you **cough cough** :p
:o LOL - I seriously doubt a lift will effect how the electro-swaybar disco works per se but not installing longer links with a 3"+ lift may effect the way your JK handles.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Speaking of the disconnect: I learned that it won't be available on the Rubicon until mid 2007, and I'm not going to wait that long to buy mine. Is there an aftermarket option available? (Electronic, not manual - I'm lazy)
Old 10-05-2006, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by briandunning
Speaking of the disconnect: I learned that it won't be available on the Rubicon until mid 2007, and I'm not going to wait that long to buy mine. Is there an aftermarket option available? (Electronic, not manual - I'm lazy)
I know several years ago some company was released a prototype at SEMA, but never marketed it. DC is the only company that has released an electronic one, other then ORO's SwayLoc Too.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:51 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Not true at all. I have seen 3 Rubicons with them on it
Old 10-05-2006, 08:52 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JByer323
I know several years ago some company was released a prototype at SEMA, but never marketed it. DC is the only company that has released an electronic one, other then ORO's SwayLoc Too.
I have the SwayLOC on my TJ and while it is a great system, the manual opperated Rok-n-Lok by Full Traction is a much better design.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I have the SwayLOC on my TJ and while it is a great system, the manual opperated Rok-n-Lok by Full Traction is a much better design.
I just heard from Steve at ORO and he says they're not sure if they'll make a SwayLoc for the JK. Sounds like I'm going to have to change my name to Manuel.

You have seen JK's with the electronic disconnect? The dealer in Capistrano just confirmed with me yesterday on the phone that it will not be available on the 4-dr Rubicons until mid 2007.

(I'm planning to drop by there this morning to take a look at a 4-dr on their lot, it's 2WD but I just want to see the doors and check out the rear seat.)
Old 10-05-2006, 09:14 AM
JK-Forum Founder

I just heard from Steve at ORO and he says they're not sure if they'll make a SwayLoc for the JK. Sounds like I'm going to have to change my name to Manuel.
ORO cannot make the SwayLOC anymore as the license to produce them now sit in the hands of Full Traction. And trust me, this new design is better.

You have seen JK's with the electronic disconnect? The dealer in Capistrano just confirmed with me yesterday on the phone that it will not be available on the 4-dr Rubicons until mid 2007.
Oh, those guys. The last time I was there, they tried convincing me that the JK's only came in 4-Door. Yes, I have seen the e-discos on the Rubicon. They are being made and are available now.

Quick Reply: Lift + Sway-bar Disconnect = ?