Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lifted jku sagging

Old 07-11-2017, 10:45 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

JKS Adjustable Coil Spacers? I guess if you are set on keeping the current sagging coils, these would let you address the varying heights from different loads.

Last edited by nthinuf; 07-11-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nthinuf
JKS Adjustable Coil Spacers? I guess if you are set on keeping the current sagging coils, these would let you address the varying heights from different loads.
Haha for that amount of money you can buy quality coils along with other needed arts
Old 07-11-2017, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my research has lead to my 600lbs of gear
dropping my 100# spring rate springs 3"
if i used terra flex's I would be down 1.46"
I feel like everyone is bashing the springs but of the photos i've seen of my ebay springs look longer uncompressed. meaning the spring has more travel and coils, which means traction during flex. 100# spring rate also has a soft ride which might help a dana 30 out when the jeep comes bearing down compared to most 3" lifts. I bought some pucks to toss in and some new shocks so I can take advantage of the suspension. I have a handicap family member that limits my lift to 3".

my jeep drives fine, Its funny people will complain about a drop pitman arm, thats like me saying a adjustable trackbar can fail. in both cases if you dont maintain your jeep, and inspect parts and torque things can fail. After the lift it drives better then off the dealers lot stock.

I have all the stock skid plating to replace, frame mounted rock sliders and a trail cage, once im done with the build i'm sure ill probably be looking for quality 6" lift spring to maintain my 3" lift but that will be down the road
Old 07-12-2017, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Have to agree with Karl10jk and BoraBora on this. It's not what you want to hear, but you're better off getting a quality spring than trying to slap a bandaid on a low quality sagging spring. I'd be surprised if anyone on the Forum gives your plan of spacers a thumbs up for this particular situation.
His mind was made up on what he was going to do before he hit submit on his first post. The hopes of having one person say it was a good idea was a grasp, and even that didn't matter. It's all about bandaids at this point, and when this doesn't work, bigger bandaids are in order. Good luck is right.

Quick Reply: lifted jku sagging