Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifts and Bulldog Stances

Old 07-29-2013, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifts and Bulldog Stances

I'm looking into lifting and widening my 07 Rubicon. Any suggestions on makes, was thinking about getting an AEV lift but no clue where to look for a solid, wider stance. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default Additional

More or less wider tires is what I would be looking for, just need some solid recommendations.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To get a "bulldog" stance, you will probably one to get wheels that have less back spacing. This will push the entire wheel out more.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

What he said. If you want to make your stance wider there are only 3 ways to go about it. Tires, wheels/spacers, and axle housing. Obviously the most cost effective way to do it is wider tires and wheel spacers. But the wider stance will also have to do with what lift your running. The taller you go the wider you have to go to give it that bulldog stance. You could do a 2.5 inch lift with flat fenders, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's and wheels with anywhere from like 4.5 to 4 inches of backspacing to really give it that bulldog look.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:56 PM
JK Junkie

I was going for a wider stance to get away from everyone else's ruts on the beach. Edge to edge- I was 7' wide.

The tires were only 10.5" wide

Sent from my Droid4 and Jkfreaks.com
Old 07-29-2013, 01:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to let you know your ball joints are going to wear faster. But I do love the look of 13.5" wide tires on a 3.25" back spaced wheel. Also bulldogging involving having the front 2" or more higher than the back. A lot of lifted trucks do this
Old 07-29-2013, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

You could add portal axles. Those would push your wheels out and give you a lift as well. Plus they are awesome.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigSteve
What he said. If you want to make your stance wider there are only 3 ways to go about it. Tires, wheels/spacers, and axle housing. Obviously the most cost effective way to do it is wider tires and wheel spacers. But the wider stance will also have to do with what lift your running. The taller you go the wider you have to go to give it that bulldog stance. You could do a 2.5 inch lift with flat fenders, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's and wheels with anywhere from like 4.5 to 4 inches of backspacing to really give it that bulldog look.
Ugh your going to rub control arms with that backspace. You need like 3-3.5 backspace with 37s
Old 07-29-2013, 07:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ChesterJFK
Ugh your going to rub control arms with that backspace. You need like 3-3.5 backspace with 37s
That's certainly an option too. 4.5 inch backspace works just fine for me and yes it does rub a little at full lock. I just didn't want to push my wheels and tires out that far.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the help everyone, really appreciate it

Quick Reply: Lifts and Bulldog Stances