Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Limp Mode Help!

Old 11-28-2017, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limp Mode Help!

Hi everyone. I have an 08 JKU with a 42rle transmission. Last week I got a Shift Solenoid A fail (P0750). I replaced the solenoid pack and everything worked fine. This morning I get the same code and I'm in Limp Mode again. The only common factor I have right now is the first time it snowed outside and this morning it was 31 degrees. Otherwise it been warm. Is there possibly something with the oil viscosity making something fail when it gets cold outside? I drove it around a bit to warm everything up but it never comes out of Limp Mode. Any advice?
Old 11-29-2017, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you know if the jeep was regeared?
Old 11-29-2017, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Yes I put 5.38's in it. And I did re-program the computer for the gears and tires.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

What did you do to diagnose the problem? Why did you replace the solenoid when there are multiple possible causes to the problem? You need to go through the entire list to rule things out. Or can replace parts, if time and money is not an issue, then come on a forum and ask why after replacing a part you still have the same problem.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CarMac
Hi everyone. I have an 08 JKU with a 42rle transmission. Last week I got a Shift Solenoid A fail (P0750). I replaced the solenoid pack and everything worked fine. This morning I get the same code and I'm in Limp Mode again. The only common factor I have right now is the first time it snowed outside and this morning it was 31 degrees. Otherwise it been warm. Is there possibly something with the oil viscosity making something fail when it gets cold outside? I drove it around a bit to warm everything up but it never comes out of Limp Mode. Any advice?

Not very helpful but how many miles on the transmission?
Old 12-08-2017, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

The two times I went into limp mode, it was caused by Costco gas from two different locations. Add new name brand gas for a try.

Quick Reply: Limp Mode Help!