Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loan a Tool

Old 01-10-2013, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loan a Tool

I will be re gearing my jeep in the next couple of months. I have a friend who is gonna help that has done one before. Please don't start with take it to a shop because I am gonna try it. I will start with the front and if its to hard I can always get to to a shop. Question I have is does anyone know what tools autozone will rent. I plan on doing ballpoints c gussets and a sleeve while I am in there. So I need a beam/dial torque wrench, ball joint press, pinion flange holder and bearing race driver does autozone normally rent this stuff. Also what's everyone opinion on the motive gears from northridge
Old 01-10-2013, 08:02 AM
JK Super Freak

I know they rent the ball joint press. Good luck with. I'm in the same boat kinda and hope you can knock this out.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Hell, just drive up there and get a list sheet of their loan tools. Or you can get a list of the tools you'll need, and take it up there or call them to see if they'll have them. That way you won't get any misdirection from those of us that do NOT work there but think we know what the store near you will carry.

Never know, your nearest store may have loaned out their bearing puller and have to get it from another store. I know O'rielys will usually get a tool within a few hours. Or I have a list of what I'm going to need, and the next day they'll have them all in stock for me.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks I had no idea how the loaner program works.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Loaner program works like you are purchasing the tools but when you return them you get all your money back.

Quick Reply: Loan a Tool