Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locking Hubs or Drive Flanges on Fusion 4x4 D60’s

Old 10-20-2018, 09:17 AM
SLO
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Locking Hubs or Drive Flanges on Fusion 4x4 D60’s

I’m having Fusion 4x4 build a set of Dana 60’s and I can’t decide between locking hubs like Warn or Yukon or doing drive flanges. Looking for recommendations...especially those of you with Fusion axles.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:26 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

locking hubs is a no brainer. Why would you want drive flanges?
Old 10-21-2018, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Seems like flanges would be better in a rock bouncer but the locking hubs are better everywhere else. You won't have to concern yourself with the driveshaft angle over caster with the locking hubs.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Seems like flanges would be better in a rock bouncer but the locking hubs are better everywhere else. You won't have to concern yourself with the driveshaft angle over caster with the locking hubs.
Sorry for my ignorance. Can you explain what you are mentioning here.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:37 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

A drive flange is like the factory unit bearing that will always turn the inner shafts and drive shaft when you are moving. Lock out hubs let you disconnect the inner axle shafts and drive shaft so they don't turn while don't need front wheel drive. This gives you better mpg and allows you to run more caster if you want without worrying about vibrations at high speed, although if you are having axles built you should be having them caster corrected for the amount of lift you are running so the argument about driveline vibrations is kinda moot.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:06 PM
SLO
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dirtman. I have heard that the Yukons can get stuck when engaged and it just seems like an extra step and something to forget or another thing to go wrong. But, the more I think about it, it’s something to do while I’m airing down.

Quick Reply: Locking Hubs or Drive Flanges on Fusion 4x4 D60’s