Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LoD Bumper Finished Bumper Pics

Old 01-30-2007, 08:45 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Cool LoD Bumper Finished Bumper Pics

For those of you who wanted to see them, here are a couple of shots of the all new LoD Jeep JK Wrangler front and rear bumper tire carrier finished with a textured black powder coating...

Rear bumper/tire carrier

Front bumper

Click here to see more pics

Just so you know, these are the original prototypes which were sent to me so that I could do complete installation write-ups for them. Need I say, the final product may have subtle differences in the final design and finish.

I'll try my best to have these installed before the weekend.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is probably my favorite so far, or at least my favorite that I can afford .

I'm waiting to see what Kilby is going to do with theirs, and what price range it's going to fall in. And I may end up fabbing my own. Can't decide.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like the look, can't wait to see them mounted.

Was thinking about about the warn, but I'll wait to see the mounted pic's.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:02 PM
JK Jedi

I like them! I especially like the tool box on the rear.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:39 AM
JK Newbie

The price seems good but I have a few questions. Will the spotlights from the factory bumper fit into this bumper? Will the spot lights shine straight ahead or shine outwards because of the location on the bumper, maybe there is some kind of adjustment for this.
The next question is, is the tire carrier permanently attached to the rear bumper, or could a thief simply lift it off the bumper and carry it off with your tire attached to it (why bother with a tire lock), from the looks of the pictures its not permanently attached. I want my spare tire permanantly attached to the bumper to prevent theft.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:12 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I like them! I especially like the tool box on the rear.
I agree, that is a great idea!

Minor problem for us snow-state drivers though... I see there are drain holes in it, I have a metal toolbox on my tractor and it was constantly filling up with water, had to punch some holes in it also and put some weatherstrip around the top rim to keep the tools from rotting.
Is there some type of weather seal around the rim? (i cant see one in the pics). With all the snow and road salt that blows around back there, water would run right in it i'm afraid.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

I have a LoD tire carrier bumper on my Yj and the only complaint is there nothing stopping a thief from just pulling the tire carrier off of the bumper. But other than that for the price you can't beat it.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

Any one know if you can fit the Warn Powerplant winch in this bumper?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

Is that an integrated trailer hitch receiver in the rear bumper?

Would that replace the factory trailer hitch receiver mount?

I also think the rear tool box is a cool idea.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:39 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I agree, that is a great idea!

Minor problem for us snow-state drivers though... I see there are drain holes in it, I have a metal toolbox on my tractor and it was constantly filling up with water, had to punch some holes in it also and put some weatherstrip around the top rim to keep the tools from rotting.
Is there some type of weather seal around the rim? (i cant see one in the pics). With all the snow and road salt that blows around back there, water would run right in it i'm afraid.

I bet you could run some sort of weather stripping around the lip. At least they have the drain holes. You could probably find some tupperware bins to fit in there to stow some straps or whatever.

Quick Reply: LoD Bumper Finished Bumper Pics