Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LoD Bumper Finished Bumper Pics

Old 01-31-2007, 07:42 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Beachbum
Will the spotlights from the factory bumper fit into this bumper? Will the spot lights shine straight ahead or shine outwards because of the location on the bumper, maybe there is some kind of adjustment for this.
There are recessed cans that allow you to mount your factory fog light on pointing straight.

The next question is, is the tire carrier permanently attached to the rear bumper, or could a thief simply lift it off the bumper and carry it off with your tire attached to it (why bother with a tire lock), from the looks of the pictures its not permanently attached. I want my spare tire permanantly attached to the bumper to prevent theft.
Sorry, there are no provisions to lock the A-Frame in place. I have however seen a couple of guys weld on a piece of bar stock to the top of the hinge pin to accomplish what you are looking for.

Originally Posted by Hitch
Any one know if you can fit the Warn Powerplant winch in this bumper?
Yes. Although the one I have cannot as it is the original prototype, I have been assured that all new front winch bumpers will have accomodations to allow the mounting of a PowerPlant.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmm! Pretty nice.

The toolbox is a neat idea. But I don't know what I'd put in there. Anything in the toolbox would get wet and rust.

I do like the front bumper the best for the price.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

I must be an idiot I can't find the price of these bumpers. Anyone please:confused:
Old 01-31-2007, 08:41 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubidon
I must be an idiot I can't find the price of these bumpers. Anyone please:confused:
http://www.lodoffroad.com/jeep_jk/20...-accessory.htm
Old 01-31-2007, 08:48 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

http://project-jk.com/index.php/?p=107

Old 01-31-2007, 08:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah.................what Eddie and all of them said. You can find it on that one website. You know that one.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:51 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
There are recessed cans that allow you to mount your factory fog light on pointing straight.

I have been assured that all new front winch bumpers will have accomodations to allow the mounting of a PowerPlant.
I'm sold
Old 01-31-2007, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those are very nice indeed! Are there any plans to offer a rear bumper without the tire carrier?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife

Sorry, there are no provisions to lock the A-Frame in place. I have however seen a couple of guys weld on a piece of bar stock to the top of the hinge pin to accomplish what you are looking for.

Yes. Although the one I have cannot as it is the original prototype, I have been assured that all new front winch bumpers will have accomodations to allow the mounting of a PowerPlant.
I appreciate your reply, I'm glad to know the lights can be made to aim straight ahead, I'm also sure that you can weld something on the hinge pin to prevent the tire carrier from being removed, I just don't think you should have to, I'm sure this could be overcome with a little creative engineering on the manufactures behalf. I think it should be made so that when the tire carrier is swung open it could be lifted off the bumper, and when the tire carrier is closed it's locked onto the hinge pin, and could be locked on the other side where the latch is. It doesn't appear that the tool box locks either, in my opion it should, to me it's basically useless if I can't lock it.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Eddie, I couldn't tell from the pics but I see a little rust on the bumper pivot point for the rear tire A frame. Is there a grease fitting on the A frame itself? Also in the little extras bag is there some sort of bushing that the A frame rides on so its not digging into the bumper as you swing it? Thanks

Last edited by Archer; 01-31-2007 at 10:26 AM.

Quick Reply: LoD Bumper Finished Bumper Pics